Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best West Indies Green Curry Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to West Indies Green Curry Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Wholesome Fast Food.
Almost every single article about losing weight and getting healthy tells readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and that they need to do all of their own cooking. There’s some benefit to that. Now and then, though, you absolutely do not wish to make an entire meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes you just want to reach the drive through along the way home and call it a day. There is no reason you shouldn’t be able to do this once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. You are able to do this because most of the popular joints are now advertising “healthy” menu options to keep their businesses up. Here is how one can find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Focus on the sides. Not so long ago, the only side dish item available at a fast food restaurant was French fries. Now more or less all of the popular fast food places have widened their menus. Now you may get a variety of salads. You can also select Chili. You can buy a baked potato. You could get fruit. There are lots of wholesome options that do not include putting something deep fried into your body. When you order your meal through a drive through window, choose side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. This helps you keep your calorie count low and reduce your fat intake.
Traditional logic tells us that one positive way to get healthy and shed pounds is to skip the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While this is usually a good suggestion all you need to do is make a couple of good selections and traveling to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Sometimes the thing you need is to let another person create your dinner. There isn’t any reason to feel guilty about visiting the drive through when you make healthy decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to west indies green curry chicken recipe. To make west indies green curry chicken you need 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make West Indies Green Curry Chicken:
- Use large chicken breasts (cut in 2 inch strips)
- You need coconut milk
- Provide garlic (chopped in 5 pieces per clove)
- Take rum (preferably dark)
- Take large white onion (chopped in large chunks)
- Take stalks lemon grass (peeled and minced)
- Use stalk green onion (finely chopped)
- Prepare green curry paste
- Provide jalapeños or Asian chillis (seeded and minced)
- Prepare cilantro or Thai basil for garnish
Instructions to make West Indies Green Curry Chicken:
- In a large ziplock bag or a covered bowl combine the 2 chicken breasts (already sliced) with the diced onion, garlic, lemongrass, jalapeños or chillis and rum. Refrigerate and marinate for at least 2hrs preferably overnight.
- In a wok or deep pan heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and add the green onion followed by the contents of the ziplock bag (only add about half of the liquid). As the onion, garlic, lemongrass, chilis and Chicken cook, slowly add the rest of the liquid and slowly add the coconut milk (after about 5-7 min)
- Once the coconut milk starts to bubble reduce heat and add green curry paste. Make sure to stir and mix evenly.
- Once the color of the coconut milk has changed to a slight green remove from heat. Serve on white or jasmine rice and garnish with a stalk of lemongrass and some cilantro or Thai Basil over the rice.
If you find this West Indies Green Curry Chicken recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.