Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Authentic Sri Lankan Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Authentic Sri Lankan Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Very good For You.
Almost every single article about reducing your weight and getting healthy explains readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and that they need to perform all of their own cooking. This is literally very true. Once in a while, though, you definitely do not need to make a whole meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes just about all you want is to go to the drive through and get home as soon as possible. Why shouldn’t you be able to do this from time to time and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet regime? This is because a lot of the popular fast food restaurants around are trying to “healthy up” their choices. Here is the way to eat healthfully when you reach the drive through.
Go for the side dishes. Not so long ago, the only side dish item available at a fast food restaurant was French fries. Now more or less all of the popular fast food places have widened their menus. Now you can get a range of salads. You can also pick out Chili. Baked potatoes can even be ordered. You can make fruit. There are a lot of options that you can choose that do not force you to eat foods that have been deep fried. When you get your meal through a drive through window, opt for side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. This helps you keep your calorie count low and lower your fat intake.
Common logic tells us that one sure way to get healthy and shed pounds is to drop the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While this is usually a good idea all you need to do is make a couple of good decisions and visiting the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Every now and then, allowing someone else cook dinner is just what you require. There isn’t any reason to feel bad about going to the drive through when you make healthy and balanced decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to authentic sri lankan chicken curry recipe. To cook authentic sri lankan chicken curry you need 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Authentic Sri Lankan Chicken Curry:
- Take for Sri Lankan Roasted Curry Powder
- Use 1⁄2 tsp coriander seeds
- Use 1⁄2 tsp cumin seeds
- Take 1⁄4 tsp black peppercorns
- You need 1 tsp raw rice
- Take 1⁄2 tsp black mustard seeds
- Take 3 cloves
- Get 2 green cardamoms
- Use 1⁄2 tsp fennel seeds
- Get For the Chicken–
- Use 3 pieces Boneless chicken
- Prepare 1 Onion (Sliced)
- Provide 4 cloves Garlic (grated)
- Use 1⁄2 tsp Ginger(grated)
- Provide 1 tbsp Sri Lankan roasted curry powder
- Take 1 1⁄2 tsp Red chili powder
- Take 1⁄2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Get as per taste Salt
- Use 150 ml - 200 ml Water
- Provide 3 1⁄2 tbsp Coconut oil
- Get 1⁄2 cup Coconut milk
- Get Few curry leaves
Instructions to make Authentic Sri Lankan Chicken Curry:
- Roast all the ingredients required for making the Sri Lankan roasted curry powder (ingredients mentioned above). Once done, grind it using a mixy.
- In a heated pan, roast the Sri Lankan curry and chilli powder for a few seconds.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with the roasted spices, salt and grated ginger & garlic. Refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Finely chop the onions and green chillies.
- Pour 2 tbsp of coconut oil. Add the finely sliced onions, a pinch of salt and a few curry leaves. Fry them for sometime.
- Once the onions become tender and pink in colour, add the marinated chicken pieces, turmeric powder, salt as per taste and green chillies.
- Cover the lid and cook in sim for10 mins. Keep stirring frequently. Once the chicken becomes a little dry, add water and cook in low flame till the gravy reduces to half of the amount.
- Add the coconut milk, cook in sim for about 10 mins without covering the pan with lid till it is done.
- Serve it hot!
If you find this Authentic Sri Lankan Chicken Curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.