Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Navaratna Dal and Lentil Masala Idli recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Navaratna Dal and Lentil Masala Idli recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Navaratna Dal and Lentil Masala Idli recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Apples Can Certainly Have Huge Advantages To Improve Your Health.
Everybody has heard the saying “an apple a day will keep the doctor away”, nevertheless the question is, is this genuinely a true statement. This is a thing that many individuals live by and they also ensure their children are eating at least one apple a day. You will even find that folks in other country’s also follow this simple rule and they do not even know why. In this article we are going to be looking at apples to see if they really are a food which will help to keep you healthy.
So what can all these vitamins and minerals do for the actual health of your body. Well first off there have been a lot of studies done that report that eating apples can reduce the potential risk of various cancers. A few of the cancers that apples can help prevent are breast, liver, lung and colon cancers. I don’t know about you but when I read that I went out and got a whole bag of apples.
I am hoping I have revealed some good information that revealed why apples are so good. One thing you should recognize is that we only covered some of the benefits of eating apples. All of the benefits would take us too much time to include in this write-up, however the information is out there. I really hope that the next time you go to the supermarket you find yourself getting plenty of apples. You will find that your overall health can greatly be benefited when you eat apples.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to navaratna dal and lentil masala idli recipe. You can have navaratna dal and lentil masala idli using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Navaratna Dal and Lentil Masala Idli:
- Use 1 cup Toor dal
- Prepare 1 cup Chana dal
- Prepare 1 cup Masoor dal
- You need 1 cup urad dal
- Provide 1 cup moong dal
- Get 1 cup black channa
- Take 1 cup white peas
- You need 1 cup dried split yellow peas (pattani paruppu)
- You need 1 cup green gram
- Take 1⁄2 cup idli rice
- Provide 4 green chillies
- Use 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Get 1 teaspoon oil 1 onion finely chopped
- Get 1 tomato
- Prepare 2 sprigs curry leaves
- Provide 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- You need 1⁄4 teaspoon curry masala powder
- Provide 1⁄2 teaspoon salt or to taste
Steps to make Navaratna Dal and Lentil Masala Idli:
- Soak rice and urad dal separately. Combine other dals and lentil and soak separately. Let it soak for 3 to 4 hours.
- Grind the soaked rice,dal and lentil with cumin seeds and green chillies into fine smooth batter.
- Let the ground batter rest for 4 to 5 hours or until it ferment.
- Smear oil in idli plates and pour a ladle full of batter in it and steam for 15 to 18 minutes. Idli should be well cooked and soft.
- To make masala idlis, cut idlis into pieces as shown.
- In a frying pan,add oil on a medium heat and temper mustard seeds,urad dal and chanadal. To it add chopped onion and saute for a while. Add chopped tomatoes and mix well. To it add the masala powders and salt to taste and mix well. Add idli pieces and saute for a while. Navaratna Dal lentil and rice Masala Idlis are ready to serve. Garnish it with curry leaves.
- Serve with Tomato sauce and idli powder.
If you find this Navaratna Dal and Lentil Masala Idli recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.