Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Kothavarangai Paruppu Usili look no further! We provide you only the best Kothavarangai Paruppu Usili| Cluster-Beans Steamed mixed Lentil recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kothavarangai Paruppu Usili
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to kothavarangai paruppu usili| cluster-beans steamed mixed lentil recipe. cluster-beans steamed mixed lentil you only need 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Kothavarangai Paruppu Usili| Cluster-Beans Steamed mixed Lentil:
- Get Veggie
- You need 250 grams cluster beans/ gavar phalli
- Use Pinch turmeric
- Prepare 2-3 teaspoon water
- You need For usili
- Use 1⁄2 cup Toor dal/ split peeled yellow lentils
- You need 1⁄2 cup Chana dal/ split peeled chick pea lentils
- Provide 1⁄4 cup Moong dal/ split peeled green lentils
- Get 3-4 Dry red chillies
- You need 1⁄4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Take To taste Salt
- Use Pinch aesofotida
- Provide Tampering
- Use 10⁄12 Curry leaves
- You need 2-3 tablespoons Oil
- Take 1 tsp Mustard seeds
Instructions to make Kothavarangai Paruppu Usili| Cluster-Beans Steamed mixed Lentil:
- Wash and soak all three dals in a bowl for 2 hours, or in hot water for 1&1⁄2 hours.
- Clean and wash beans. Finely chop them. Add to a bowl with water and pinch of turmeric and keep in a pressure cooker, with little water in the base. Steam cook till 2 whistles
- After soaking the dals, remove all the water and grind them dry, coarsely with hing, turmeric, chillies and salt.
- Remove in a bowl that fits in a pressure cooker or in a cooker container. Steam cook until 1 whistle.
- Now lets prepare the Usili. Add oil a non stick pan and add mustard seeds, let splutter, add curry leaves and fry.
- Now add the steamed dal by breaking it with the spatula. Mix well and let cook in the oil for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable and mix well. Cover and let the flavours mix for sometime. This will take another 3-5 minutes.
- Once the dal looks tender and doesn't stick with each other, it means the dish is ready.
- Serve hot with steamed rice and vatha kuzhambu.
If you find this Kothavarangai Paruppu Usili| Cluster-Beans Steamed mixed Lentil recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.