Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Precisely Why Are Apples So Beneficial With Regard To Your Health.
Every person has heard the saying “an apple a day will keep the doctor away”, however the question is, is this genuinely a true statement. This is something which many individuals live by and they also ensure their children are eating at least one apple a day. You will even find that individuals in other country’s also follow this simple rule and they don’t know why. In this article we are going to be looking at apples to see if they really are a food that will help to keep you healthy.
Cornell University performed a study on the result apples have on the mind. While doing their study they found that, quercetin, which is found in apples assists in maintaining healthier brain cells. And due to this you will find that apples may actually help people steer clear of the symptoms of Alzheimer’s.
And now you understand why men and women tell you that you ought to eat an apple every day. In the following paragraphs we just dealt with some of the benefits of eating an apple a day. Every one of the benefits would take us to much time to include in this write-up, nevertheless the information is out there. So do yourself a favor and grab some apples the next time you go to the grocery store. You will notice that your overall health could significantly be benefited by eating apples.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to japanese katsu curry - chicken, pork & shrimp recipe. To make japanese katsu curry - chicken, pork & shrimp you need 25 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp:
- You need KATSU FRY:
- You need 1 piece Chicken Breast
- Use 7 pieces Shrimp
- Take 2 pieces Pork Cutlet
- Get 1-2 pieces Egg
- Prepare 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- You need 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- Use 2 cups Oil
- Get Iodized Salt
- Use Ground Black Pepper
- Provide CURRY SAUCE:
- You need 2 tbsp Oil
- You need 1 bulb Garlic
- Provide 2 pieces White Onion
- Provide 2 pieces Carrot
- Prepare 2 pieces Potato
- Use 1 piece Red Bell Pepper
- Use 1 liter Water
- You need 4 cubes Curry Roux
- Prepare 3 tbsps Honey
- Use 3 tbsps Tomato Ketchup
- Prepare SIDES:
- Prepare 3 cups Rice
- Provide 3 pieces Egg
- Prepare Fukujinzuke
Instructions to make Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp:
- PREPARE THE VEGETABLES: Chop the garlic. Slice the onion. Cut the carrot and potatoes into cubes, about 1-inch thick. Cut the bell pepper into squares, about 3⁄4-inch. ©homebasedchef
- COOK THE CURRY SAUCE: Heat the pot over medium-high heat (160C). Add oil and sauté the garlic, followed by the onion. Add the carrots, potatoes and bell pepper and continue to stir for 5 minutes. Add 1L of water and boil for about 10 minutes. Lower down the heat (120C) and add in the curry roux. Mix very well to make sure that the curry roux are all diluted.
- Add in the honey and tomato ketchup and mix well. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure that the sauce doesn't stick on the bottom of the pot. The sauce will start to thicken. Turn the heat to low (70C) and continue cooking for 5-10 more minutes until the carrots and potatoes are cooked to your desired tenderness. You'll notice that the potatoes become smaller compared to its original cut size; the starch of the potato actually helps thicken the sauce.
- PREPARE THE MEATS FOR THE KATSU FRY: Make sure to wash the chicken, shrimp and pork with clean water and then drain them. - - To split the chicken breast in half: Place the boneless skinless chicken breast on a cutting board and hold it flat with your non-dominant hand. Then using a sharp knife, slice the chicken breast horizontally into two even pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- To butterfly the shrimp: Pull off the heads and legs then peel off the shell leaving the tails on. Gently run the knife at the shrimp's back and remove the digestive tract or vein by lifting it out or by using a paper towel. If the vein breaks, run water through it to clean. Then make shallow slits on the shrimp to flatten and spread it like butterfly wings. Season with salt and pepper.
- To tenderize the pork: Make sure you have removed the skin to avoid curling when frying. Use the mallet to break up the muscle fibers of the meat. Do this on both sides of the meat until the thickness is reduced to half. If you don't have a mallet, you can use: - a knife, a fork or your fist. Season with salt and pepper.
- BREAD THE MEAT: Prepare your breading assembly line. You need three bowls or containers - for all-purpose flour, beaten egg, and breadcrumbs. Cover the meat in flour and shake off the excess. Dip the meat in the egg. Cover the meat in breadcrumbs.
- COOK THE KATSU FRY: Heat frying oil in a pan. Make sure it is hot enough before you place your meat in it. To test, when you see the oil producing bubbles on the surface of the pan, drop a small piece of breadcrumb. If the oil reacts as desired, you can start frying. If the sample breadcrumb seems to absorb to oil, wait a bit til the oil is ready. Deep fry the meat until golden brown, make sure to flip on the other side for even cooking… chicken, shrimp and pork are pretty fast to cook.
- SERVE TO YOUR FAMILY: Curry is best served with steamed rice! Grab a plate, scoop a cup of steamed rice and spread it on the left part of the plate. Scoop a portion of the curry sauce, make sure to include potatoes, carrots and bell pepper and place it on the right part of the plate overlapping some of the rice. Place your preferred katsu meat on top of the curry sauce. And for the sides, you can add soft-boiled egg and fukujinzuke or pickled daikon radish. YUM!
If you find this Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.