Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect South-Indian Karuvepalai Podi | Curry-leaves Gun Powder recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to South-Indian Karuvepalai Podi
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to south-indian karuvepalai podi | curry-leaves gun powder recipe. curry-leaves gun powder using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare South-Indian Karuvepalai Podi | Curry-leaves Gun Powder:
- Get 1⁄4 cup chana dal/ split chick pea lentil
- Prepare 1⁄4 cup udad dal/ split black lentil
- Take 2 teaspoons Moong dal/ split green lentil
- Take 2 teaspoons whole coriander seeds
- Get 2 stalks curry leaves
- Use 1⁄4 cup desiccated coconut
- Get 1⁄4 teaspoon hing/ aesafoetida
- You need 6-10 dry red chillies
- Prepare 2-3 Kashmiri chillies for colour (optional)
- Take 1⁄8 teaspoon citric acid
- Provide 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
Steps to make South-Indian Karuvepalai Podi | Curry-leaves Gun Powder:
- Roast all dals by stirring constantly on low flame. Remove in a bowl and let cool.
- Roast coriander seeds for 4-5 minutes. Add to the bowl with dals.
- Grind the ingredients add Also roast red chillies and set aside.
- In the same pan add curry leaves and roast until its completely dehydrated and you can here the crumbling sound once crushed.
- Roast coconut plus hing for seconds and add to the rest of the roasted ingredients.
- Let everything cool completely.
- Add ingredients to a mixer jar, add citric acid and salt. Grind to fine powder. I do not grind very fine like flour, I leave to fine semolina like texture.
- Enjoy with your favourite meal.
If you find this South-Indian Karuvepalai Podi | Curry-leaves Gun Powder recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.