Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Daddy’s Chicken Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Daddy’s Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Daddy’s Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Precisely Why Are Apples So Good For Your Health.
I am sure you have heard that you should be eating an apple a day but did you ever ask yourself why this is important? Many people have lived with this school of thought for many years, and they in addition pass this on to their children. This idea is known all over the world and men and women just take it as fact without knowing if this is actually true. In our research we have discovered why you are told to eat an apple a day and we will be discussing that with you here.
One more thing that has been uncovered is that apples can furthermore help your heart. I am sure you know that apples have fiber, and that, and also some of the other substances of apples can promote heart health. One more of the benefits apples can give you is that it can help you to lower your cholesterol, and you must also know that this also helps your heart. The one thing you should understand is that many of the ingredients for a healthy heart tend to be found in the skin of the apple. And your best bet is to discover a local farm that grows only organic apples and be sure you eat the skin as well so you can get the most benefits of the apple.
And now you know why people tell you that you ought to eat an apple every day. The huge benefits we covered are just a handful of of the benefits that eating apples can offer. All of the benefits would take us too long to include in this article, however the information is out there. So do yourself a favor and pick up some apples the next time you go to the grocery store. These apples can end up helping you to live a longer and healthier life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to daddy’s chicken curry recipe. You can have daddy’s chicken curry using 28 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Daddy’s Chicken Curry:
- Provide Fresh
- Provide 1 Whole medium size Chicken cut into medium sized pieces
- Get 1 big onion diced finely
- You need 2 Tomatoes made into a purée
- Get 2 Tablespoons Garlic and Ginger Paste
- Get 2 small branch of Mint Leaves
- Get 2 small branch of Coriander Leaves
- Get Fresh lemon juice from 1 Lemon
- Take Oils
- Take 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons ghee
- Get Whole Spices
- Provide 4 cloves
- Use 4 Star Anise
- Prepare 4 Cardamom pods
- You need 1 medium size cinnamon stick
- You need 3 Bay Leaves
- You need 1 Tablespoon Cumin Seeds
- Provide 1⁄2 Tablespoon Funnel Seeds
- Use Powdered Spices
- Use 1 Tablespoon Keen’s Curry Powder
- Provide 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder (or according to taste)
- Get 1 Tablespoon Paprika (or according to taste)
- You need 1 1⁄2 Tablespoon Coriander powder
- Get 1⁄2 Tablespoon Cumin powder
- Get Salt (according to taste)
- Provide Optional
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons thickened cream
Instructions to make Daddy’s Chicken Curry:
- Remove skin from the medium size whole chicken and cut it into medium size pieces
- Apply the lemon juice to the cut chicken pieces and coat well, and wash off. This will remove the smell from the chicken
- Dry the chicken pieces with dry paper towel and marinate the chicken with the 1⁄2 of the powdered spices with some oil. Mix well.
- Rest Marinated chicken for 3-4 hours by placing the bowl in the fridge, if in a hurry then 30 mins is fine.
- Take a large heavy based pot and put it on the stove with low to medium heat
- Add oil and ghee and all whole spices and gently fry them for about 2-3 minutes along with one branch of coriander and one branch of mint
- Now add the diced onions and sauté them until they are light brown
- Add garlic and ginger paste and sauté until golden brown
- Add the marinated chicken pieces to pot and toss them in the pot so that the onion and whole spices get applied the chicken.
- Turn the heat down to low. Once the chicken is light brown, add the tomato purée and mix it in with the chicken
- Add in the other half of the spices and mix them in to the contents of the pot
- Put a lid on the put and simmer on low heat for around 20 mins
- Taste the curry for flavour and see if anything needs adjusting. If required add in more powdered ingredients according to taste.
- Put the lid back on the pot and Let the curry simmer for another 30 mins, stirring the curry every 10 mins
- Taste the curry and see the flavour, check if the chicken is nice and tender
- Optional, add 2 tablespoons of cream and cook the curry for another 5 mins
- Remove the pot from the stove
- Add the remaining mint and coriander to the curry
- Daddy’s Chicken Curry is ready to served 😊
If you find this Daddy’s Chicken Curry recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.