Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Upma recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Upma recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Healthy and balanced Fast Food.
Almost every single article about weight loss and getting healthy informs readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and that they need to do all of their own cooking. This is really very good information. But sometimes the last thing you want to do is put together a whole supper for yourself and your family. Sometimes just about all you desperately want is to go to the drive through and get home quickly. There is zero reason that you shouldn’t be able to do that once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This is possible because an abundance of the popular fast food spots are attempting to make their menus healthy now. Here is how to eat healthy and balanced when you visit the drive through.
Choose your drive through depending on whether it has more healthy options available. For instance, Arby’s does not serve hamburgers. As an alternative you’ll be able to pick from roast beef sandwiches, salads, wraps and other healthier items. While Wendy’s has made hamburgers for decades, they also have a lot of other healthy options like salads, baked potatoes and chili. Not many fast food spots are as unhealthy as McDonalds with its deep fried every thing.
Basic sense states that the best way to lose weight and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet entirely. While this is usually a good suggestion all you need to do is make a couple of good choices and going to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Sometimes the thing you need is to let another person create your dinner. When you select healthful menu items, you do not have to feel guilty about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to upma recipe. You can cook upma using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Upma:
- Provide 1 Cup Semolina
- Use 3 Tablespoons cooking oil
- Take 1⁄3 Cup Peanuts
- Use 8 Cashewnuts
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon Mustard seeds
- Take 1 Tablespoon Cumin seeds
- You need 8 Curry leaves
- Take 2 Green chillies
- Take 1 1⁄2 Cup Onions
- Prepare 1 Carrot small size
- Prepare 1⁄2 Cup Green peas
- Prepare as per taste Salt
- Prepare 2 1⁄4 Cup water
- Use as needed Cilantro chopped
- Take 3 Raisins
- Prepare 2 Teaspoon Desi Ghee
Steps to make Upma:
- Dry roast semolina in a wok at low flame for few minutes, stirring it so that semolina doesn't burn buy only roast. Remove and keep in separately in a dry bowl or container.
- Now add oil in a same wok and roast peanuts again for few minutes for crunchiness and not making it brown, towards the end add cashew splitting into two halves and roast them too for making them crunchy and remove them in separate dry bowl.
- In same wok and oil, add black mustard seeds and cumin seeds in medium flame, once they splitter, add curry leaves that enhances our recipe with fresh aroma and is main ingredient of Upma,
- Add to it chopped green chillies and soon add finely diced onions, mix them and saute them well only till they release rawness and don't over cook for making them golden brown, now add finely diced carrot (fresh, washed and peeled) and peas, mix and cook for 3 minutes, then add salt and again cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add water and bring it to boil, though water starts boiling in 2 minutes, lower the flame and in case you want veggies to soften more then let them cook for 2 more minutes.
- Now add semolina slowly into the wok with watery masala mix, slowly with one hand and other hand stirring with poodle continuosly for avoiding lumps to form, as we put more semolina we find water thickening and semolina absorbing water quickly, mix it for another 2 minutes and our semolina looks beautiful, now add roasted peanuts and cashewnuts, here we can include dry raisins, (keep some separately) now add chopped fresh green cilantro and top up with desi ghee for rich aroma to our recipe
- To plate out we pack our Upma in a bowl, greased with oil at its interior, reverse in a serving plate and let it remain unmoved for few minutes.
- Then we move out bowl and upma looks beautiful in reversed bowl shape and we can place some dry fruits that we left out separately in step 6 so it add more richness of our rich, tasty, healthy and simple but yet Authentic Indian Breakfast.
If you find this Upma recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.