Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Instant Pot Shrimp curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Instant Pot Shrimp curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Good For You.
Just about every article you read about restoring your health or losing weight is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. There’s some benefit to this. But at times the last thing you want to do is prepare a whole dinner for yourself and your family. Sometimes just about all you really want is to go to the drive through and get home as quickly as possible. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to do this and not be plagued by remorse about slipping on your diet. This is because a lot of the popular fast food restaurants around are trying to “healthy up” their selections. Here is how you can find appropriate food choices at the drive through.
Your beverage ought to be water or juice or milk. Choosing a huge softdrink as your beverage adds hundreds of unhealthy calories to your meal. A single helping of soda is normally thought to be eight ounces. That portion may contain lots of spoonfuls of sugar as well as at least a hundred calories. A fast food soda is typically at the very least twenty ounces. It is frequently no less than 30 ounces. This shows that your drink on it’s own will put a large number of ounces of sugar into your body as well as several thousand empty calories. It is much healthier to decide on milk, juice or standard water.
Simple logic states that the simplest way to lose pounds and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet completely. While, usually, this is a good plan, if you make smart choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Sometimes the best thing is to let other people make your dinner. If you decide on healthy things, the guilt usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to instant pot shrimp curry recipe. You can have instant pot shrimp curry using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Instant Pot Shrimp curry:
- Prepare 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- You need 12 oz pkt Raw medium-large shrimp(Peeled and deveined)
- Prepare 1 Small onion sliced
- Use 1 Medium Tomato chopped
- Get 1 lemon sized tamarind soaked in 1⁄2 cup water (optional)
- Provide 1 stem Curry leaves
- Use 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- You need 1 tbsp. Black Mustard seeds
- Use 2 tbsp. Coconut cream
- Provide 1 tsp Salt
- Provide 1⁄4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Get 2 tbsp. Kashmiri Red Chilly powder(bright color and less heat)
- Prepare 1 1⁄2 tbsp. Coriander powder
- Prepare 1⁄4 tsp Cumin powder
- Use 1⁄4 tsp Fenugreek powder
- Take 2 cups water
Instructions to make Instant Pot Shrimp curry:
- Thaw and Clean the shrimp thoroughly and remove the tail.
- Keep the IP on sauté mode and once hot, add the oil followed by mustard seeds,curryleaves, fenugreek powder and ginger garlic paste. Stir well so that it doesnt burn or stick to the pot.
- Add onion slices and chopped tomatoes along with salt and turmeric.Sauté for 3-4 mins until the onions are translucent.
- Meanwhile prepare a thick paste of Red chilly powder,cumin powder and coriander powder with 2 tbsp water.(this will prevent burning of spices when directly added to the pot)
- Add the spice paste to the onion masala and stir well for a minute and add the tamarind piece along with few tbsp water so that nothing burns or sticks to the bottom of the inner pot.
- Once oil starts separating from the masala,add 2 cups water and close the IP with a glass lid.Let the curry continue simmering for 2 minutes on sauté mode.
- Now add the cleaned shrimp,stir well and close the Insant Pot. Set the pressure cook mode for 3 minutes.
- Once done,open the lid after 10 min natural steam release. Keep the IP on sauté mode again and stir the curry and add in the coconut cream.
- Let the gravy simmer for 3-4 mins and when it reaches the desired consistency, turn off the IP. Check the salt and transfer to serving dish/let it sit in the IP on 'keep warm' mode
- Serve the curry with Rice or Roti.
- TIP#You can substitute Kashmiri redchilly powder with Paprika too. You can get them at any Indian grocery stores.
- TIP# You can use this curry recipe for scallops or prawns too.
If you find this Instant Pot Shrimp curry recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.