Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Easy Tomato Pickle (Achar) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy Tomato Pickle (Achar) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Apples Could Certainly Have Enormous Benefits For Your Health.
I am sure you’ve heard that you ought to be eating an apple a day but did you ever wonder why this is important? Many people have lived with this viewpoint for many years, and they also pass this on to their children. This idea is known all over the world and people just take it as fact without knowing if this is really true. In the following paragraphs we are going to be examining apples to see if they really are a food which will help to keep you healthy.
More than likely you know that produce will give you many of the vitamins you need to stay healthy, and apples are typically the item that most individuals have in their houses, but why? The very first thing you should realize is that apples possess more vitamins and minerals as compared to various other fruits.. On the subject of the minerals that are in apples you will find, potassium, calcium and zinc just to mention a few. And you’ll even come across vitamins in your apples like, vitamin A, B1, B2, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, B6, C, E, K and various other trace vitamins.
In conclusion, I guess an apple a day actually can keep the doctor away and now you recognize why. The huge benefits we covered are just a couple of of the benefits that eating apples can provide. All of the benefits would take us too much time to include in this post, however the information is out there. So do yourself a favor and grab some apples when you go to the store. You will notice that your overall health could greatly be benefited when you eat apples.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to easy tomato pickle (achar) recipe. To cook easy tomato pickle (achar) you only need 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Easy Tomato Pickle (Achar):
- Use 500 gram ripe and red Tomatoes chopped
- Prepare For wet masala
- You need 30-40 gram garlic chopped
- Get 15-20 gram ginger chopped
- Use 5-10 or more/ less green chilli according to choice
- You need 2 sprig Curry leaves chopped
- Prepare For dry masala
- Provide 2 tsp cumin seeds (zeera)
- Take 2 tsp mustard seeds (sarson) (black/yellow)
- You need 1 tsp fenugreek seeds (methi)
- Provide Other ingredients
- Prepare 250 ml (1 pao) mustard oil
- Use 2 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- Take 2 tsp turmeric powder
- Use 2 tsp red chilli powder
- You need 4 tsp Salt (or as needed)
- Provide 2 tbsp white Vinegar
Instructions to make Easy Tomato Pickle (Achar):
- Fry the dry masala in low medium flame. Cool and grind to make powder.
- After wash and clea dry the wet masala ingredients. Chop and grind roughly without water.
- Wash, clean and wipe the tomatoes with kitchen towel and chop to smaller size. - - Take a wide pan. Heat oil in high flame. When the oil is hot reduce the flame. Add asafoetida and after 30 seconds add the ground ginger- garlic - green chilli paste. - - Cook in low flame till golden brown and the oil starts separating.
- Take the red chilli powder, sauté and mix and with the masala for 30 seconds. - - Add the chopped tomatoes. Mix and cook without covered in high to medium heat. - - Mix the chopped curry leaves. Continue cooking till the oil comes up.
- The oil seen on cooked tomatoes indicates that cooking of pickle nearly going to end. - - Now add the dry ground masala and cook for two minutes. - - Next mix the turmeric powder with tomatoes and saute for two minutes in low - medium flame.
- Add the salt then, mix well and cook. - - Even though the oil separate from the pickle, continue cooking under low flame for another 3 - 4 minutes to ensure proper cooking.
- Cool down the pickle after switching off the gas and add the vinegar and mix well. Keep in a glass jar. - - Take your time once in 10 days to mix the pickle. If your place is humid then keep the pickle in refrigerator for it's longevity. - - Yummy and tangy tomato pickle is ready to use. - Thanks
- Presence of water in the ingredients used to make pickle should be avoided always. Otherwise Fungus/ Slime mold formation take place. Thus Pickle is destroyed. - ** Use of wide pan helps in quick water evaporation from pickle while preparing. - *** Patience in cooking the wet masala till golden brown and separation of oil is right. It enhance the taste. - **** Cooking of pickle uncovered, helps in drying of water quickly.
If you find this Easy Tomato Pickle (Achar) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.