Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Goan fish curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Goan fish curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding on Wholesome Fast Food.
Almost every “get healthy” and “weight loss” article you study will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. There’s some value to this. But sometimes the last thing you want to do is prepare a whole supper for yourself and your family. Sometimes you just wish to reach the drive through en route to your home and call it a day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to do this and not be tormented by shame about slipping on your diet. You can do this because most of the popular joints are now promoting “healthy” menu selections to keep their businesses up. Here is how you can eat healthy and balanced when you reach the drive through.
Milk, juice as well as water would be the best selections for beverages. When you drink a huge soft drink you are introducing a whole bunch of empty calories to your day. A single helping of soda is typically thought to be eight ounces. That portion could contain lots of spoonfuls of sugar as well as at least a hundred calories. Most fast food soft drink sizes start out at twenty ounces. Thirty ounces, however, is much more common. This shows that your drink on it’s own will put dozens of ounces of sugar into your body as well as several thousand empty calories. Water, fruit juice and also milk, conversely, are better choices.
Traditional logic tells us that one certain way to get healthy and lose fat is to skip the drive through and to remove fast food restaurants from your thoughts. Most of the time this is a good idea but if you make good choices, there is not any reason you can’t visit your drive through now and then. Every now and then, allowing someone else cook dinner is just the thing you need. When you select wholesome menu items, you do not have to feel bad about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to goan fish curry recipe. You can have goan fish curry using 19 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Goan fish curry:
- You need 4 cardamom pods,seeds only
- Use 1 tsp coriander seeds
- Use 2 tsp mustard seeds
- Use 2 tbsp grated unsweetened coconut
- You need 2 tbsp olive oil
- Use 1 large onion, chopped
- Use 4 cloves garlic,crushed
- You need 2 tsp ginger,chopped
- Use 2 mild red chilies
- Get 1 tsp each ground cumin,turmeric,paprika
- Provide 1⁄2 tsp garam masala
- Take 2 tsp tamarind paste
- Get 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Take 580 ml coconut milk
- Use 680 g firm - fleshed white fish fillets,cut into 4 - inch pieces
- Get 1 small potato,peeled and diced quite small
- You need 12 large prawns, peeled and deveined
- Use 4 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- Use 2 tomatoes,chopped to serve
Instructions to make Goan fish curry:
- In small saucepan over medium heat, dry -fry the cardamom seeds, coriander seeds and mustard seeds,until they begin to jump.Remove from heat, tip into a mortar and grind to a powder with the pestle.set aside.Add the coconut to the saucepan and toast until golden brown.remove from heat and set aside.In a medium frying pan,heat the oil and cook the onion for 5 minutes.Add garlic,ginger,chilies,cumin,turmeric,paprika, garam masala and cook for 2 minutes.Tip in the ground spices,
- Toasted coconut and tamarind paste.Transfer to the slow cooker,and add the coconut milk.Stir together to combine.Place the fish and potato in the sauce, cover and cook on low for 4 hours.Thirty minutes before the end of cooking time,add the prawns and stir gently to coat in sauce.Before serving,adjust the seasoning as needed,stir in the coriander and garnish with chopped tomatoes.
If you find this Goan fish curry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.