Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Poha pongal recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Poha pongal recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are A Few Basic Explanations Why Eating Apples Is Good.
On TV and in magazines everybody is telling you to eat an apple a day, even so, have you ever asked yourself why? This is a thing that many individuals live by and they also ensure their children are eating at least one apple a day. This thought is known all over the world and individuals just take it as fact without knowing if this is really true. You will be delighted to know that we have carried out a little research, and we are going to teach you why this is considered a miracle fruit.
Cornell University did a study on the impact apples have on the brain. This study showed that the ingredients in apples have the capacity to help keep your brain cells from deteriorating as we age. And of course thanks to this ingredient in apples, they can actually reduce Alzheimer’s symptoms.
I really hope I have revealed some good information that explained why apples are so good for you. The one thing you should recognize is that we only discussed a handful of the benefits of eating apples. All the benefits would take us too much time to include in this article, nevertheless the information is out there. I really hope that the the very next time you go to the supermarket you wind up getting plenty of apples. These apples can certainly wind up helping you to live a longer and healthier life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to poha pongal recipe. You can cook poha pongal using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Poha pongal:
- You need 1 cup moong dal(split yellow lentil)
- You need 2 cups poha (flattened rice)
- You need 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Prepare 1 tsp pepper corns
- Prepare leaves few curry
- Prepare 1⁄4 tsp Hing(asafetida)
- Take 2 tbsp fresh coconut
- Take 2 tsp ground nuts
- Use 2 tbsp oil/ghee
- Provide to taste salt according
- Take 2 green chillies slit
- You need 2 glasses water
- Get 1⁄4 tsp turmeric powder
- Take as needed few cashew nuts
- Get 1 tbsp ghee(clarified butter)
Steps to make Poha pongal:
- Heat two tbsp of oil/ghee in the cooker, add pounded cumin seeds, pepper corns together,add ground nuts, few curry leaves, and slit green chillies saute for two minutes add a pinch of asafetida..
- Now add washed moong/yellow split dal, turmeric powder, fresh coconut and salt according to taste add two glasses of water mix well, close the lid and get 2 whistles.
- When cooker gets cool, open the lid add cleaned poha add enough water according to the consistency you want to have..boil it nicely and turn off the flame.add a tbsp of ghee mix well,
- Garnish with few fried cashew nuts.. your yummy, tasty, healthy poha pongal is ready to have, you can serve with chutney, pickle anything of your choice.
If you find this Poha pongal recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.