Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Sweet potato curry pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet potato curry pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Fine For You.
Almost every single article about reducing your weight and getting healthy explains readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and to do all of their own cooking. This is certainly very good guidance. But sometimes the last thing you wish to do is make a whole meal for yourself and your family. Sometimes just about all you want is to go to the drive through and get home quickly. There is no reason you shouldn’t be able to do that once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This can be done because an abundance of the popular fast food places making the effort to make their menus better now. Here is how you can eat healthfully when you visit the drive through.
Aim toward the side dishes. Not that long ago, the only side dish item offered by a fast food restaurant was French fries. Now lots of the fast food menus have been widened a great deal. Now you can find a range of salads. You can get chili. You might get baked potatoes. You can choose fruit. There are a lot of options that don’t require eating anything deep fried. When you get your meal through a drive through window, select side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. You’ll keep your calorie and fatty food count very low and stay away from commitment.
Standard logic tells us that one sure way to get healthy and shed pounds is to by pass the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While, for the most part, this is a good idea, if you make sensible choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. At times what you need most is just to have someone else do the cooking. If you ultimately choose healthy products, the remorse usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet potato curry pie recipe. To cook sweet potato curry pie you need 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet potato curry pie:
- Prepare 3 tbsp olive oil
- You need 2 cloves garlic, minced
- You need 1 onion, minced
- Use 1 habenero (or other chili pepper), minced
- Take 16 oz cubed sweet potato
- Get 1 cup frozen peas
- You need 1 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- Use 1 tbsp garam masala
- Get 1 tsp ground tumeric
- You need 1 tsp ground cumin
- Use 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- Use 5 oz plain Greek yogurt
- Provide to taste Salt
- Take 1 tube Pillsbury Crescent Roll dough (Sweet Hawaiian, if you can find it!)
- Use 1 egg
- Provide 1 tbsp milk
Steps to make Sweet potato curry pie:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Heat oil in large pan and sauté minced onion, garlic, and chili for 2-3 mins over medium-high heat
- Stir in the spices and cook for another 2-3 mins
- Add chicken broth and vegetables. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 mins or until vegetables are almost tender.
- Stir in Greek yogurt and cooked chicken.
- Taste test! Add salt or more spices if needed. If you’d like the sauce thicker, add some tapioca starch. If you’d like it thinner, add more chicken broth or water.
- Spoon into a casserole dish (or if you’re feeling fancy, into four individual croquettes). Cover with the unrolled (but intact) Pillsbury crescent roll dough. This works especially well if you use an oval-shaped casserole dish, otherwise you may need to rearrange a bit. If you’re using individual croquettes, two triangles per croquette works well.
- Beat egg with milk and brush onto crust. Bake for 15 mins or until golden brown, and serve!
If you find this Sweet potato curry pie recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.