Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Coconut curry lentils and potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Coconut curry lentils and potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthful Fast Food.
Almost each and every “get healthy” and “weight loss” article you go through will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is actually very good guidance. Now and then, though, you totally do not need to make a full meal for your family or even just for yourself. Once in a while you just want to check out the drive through while you are on your way home and finish the day. Why shouldn’t you be able to do this every now and then and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet program? This is because many of the famous fast food restaurants around are trying to “healthy up” their choices. Here is how you can find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Select water, juice or maybe milk as a drink. When you drink a large soft drink you are putting a lot of empty calories to your day. One serving of pop is eight oz.. That helping typically includes a minimum of a hundred calories and more than a few tablespoons of sugar. Most fast food fizzy drinks are no less than twenty ounces huge. It is frequently no less than 30 ounces. Choosing a soda pop as your drink raises your calorie absorption by thousands and adds way too much sugar to your diet. It is much healthier to decide on milk, juice or normal water.
Basic logic states that the simplest way to lose pounds and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet entirely. While this is usually recommended all you need to do is make a couple of good selections and traveling to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Sometimes what you need is to let someone else produce your dinner. If you ultimately choose healthy items, the remorse usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to coconut curry lentils and potatoes recipe. You can have coconut curry lentils and potatoes using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Coconut curry lentils and potatoes:
- Take 1⁄2 cup brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- Prepare 1 cup vegetable broth
- Prepare 1 cup coconut milk
- Take 1⁄2 tbsp curry powder
- Use 1 potato, peeled and cut into 1⁄2 cubes
- Provide 1 tbsp peanut/sesame some sort of oil
- Take 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- Provide 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- Get pinch salt and pepper
- Take 2 tbsp plain or Greek yogurt
Steps to make Coconut curry lentils and potatoes:
- Put the lentils, coconut milk, vegetable broth and curry powder in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer. Partially cover and stir every now and then and let cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add potatoes to the pan and cover. After about 10 minutes, stir in peanut/sesame oil and add more liquid (veg broth or water) if it's getting dry.
- Add peas, cover and keep cooking until lentils and potatoes are tender when poked with a fork, about 5 to 10 minutes. If it gets too dry, add more liquid. It should be moist, but not soupy. Finish with lots of black pepper and cilantro. Top off with yogurt and enjoy! (p.s. I always go back for more yogurt!) 😊
If you find this Coconut curry lentils and potatoes recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.