Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best South-Indian Garlic Soup / Poondu Rasam recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to South-Indian Garlic Soup / Poondu Rasam recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Exactly Why Are Apples So Beneficial With Regard To Your Health.
Everybody has heard the phrase “an apple a day will keep the doctor away”, however the question is, is this really a true statement. Many people have lived with this viewpoint for many years, and they additionally pass this on to their children. This concept is known all over the world and men and women just take it as fact without knowing if this is really true. In our research we have learned why you are told to eat an apple a day and we’ll be sharing that with you here.
Additionally, you will be able to get a more healthy heart by eating apples. I am sure you know that apples have fiber, and that, as well as some of the various other substances of apples can promote heart health. You may even be surprised to learn that another way apples can help your heart is by lowering cholesterol. The one thing you should realize is that many of the ingredients for a healthy heart are located in the skin of the apple. If you happen to be one of the people who skin their apple before consuming it, you may want to change that habit so that you are getting all the benefits from the apple that you can get.
And now you know why people tell you that you need to eat an apple every day. The advantages we covered are just a few of the benefits that eating apples can provide. All the benefits would take us to much time to include in this article, however the information is out there. I hope that the the very next time you go to the supermarket you end up getting plenty of apples. You will see that your overall health may tremendously be benefited by consuming apples.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to south-indian garlic soup / poondu rasam recipe. You can cook south-indian garlic soup / poondu rasam using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook South-Indian Garlic Soup / Poondu Rasam:
- Provide 2-3 tablespoons Tamarind/ imli
- Use 2-3 Garlic
- Get 1 large Tomato
- You need 2 Green chilles
- Get 1⁄4 cup Toor dal/ split dehusked yellow lentil
- You need 7-8 leaves Curry
- Provide 1⁄4 cup Coriander leaves with stalk
- Provide to taste Salt
- You need 1⁄8 teaspoon Hing/aesafoetida
- Prepare 2 teaspoons Sambar powder (optional)
- Use 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- Get 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Provide 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- Get 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- Use 1 teaspoon ghee
- Take 2 teaspoon chopped coriander leaves for garnish
Steps to make South-Indian Garlic Soup / Poondu Rasam:
- Tie coriander leaves with it's stalk using a clean thread and make a bundle. Chop chillies and tomato.
- Wash and Soak toor dal for few minutes, add pinch of turmeric and cook with extra water until nice and mushy.
- In a pan add ghee, cumin, aesafoetida, chilli and garlic. Roast for few seconds.
- Add tomatoes and tamarind and roast. Add sambar, chilli, 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric and coriander powders. Mix and cook for few seconds.
- Add salt and mix.
- Add 3 cups warm water
- Put the coriander bundle prepared earlier.
- Let this Rasam masala cook and reduce until only 1⁄4 remaining.
- This looks reduced and also raw smell has gone.
- Now add the watery part of the cooked lentils. Use remaining dal to mix with rice.
- Discard the coriander bundle.
- Let the mixture come to one boil.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
If you find this South-Indian Garlic Soup / Poondu Rasam recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.