Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Chicken potato curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken potato curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken potato curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Good For You.
Almost each and every “get healthy” and “weight loss” document you study will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is really very good information. From time to time, though, the last thing you want is to have to make a meal from scratch. Once in a while you need to pay a visit to the drive through when you are on your way home and complete the day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to do this and not be tormented by shame about slipping on your diet. This is because a lot of the famous fast food restaurants out there are trying to “healthy up” their selections. Here is how you can find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Go for the side dishes. It has not been that long ago that all you could get in a fast food restaurant was French Fries. Now just about all of the popular fast food places have expanded their menus. There are many salads available these days. Chili is a different choice. You could possibly get baked potatoes. Fruit is normally obtainable. There are a lot of alternatives that don’t involve eating something deep fried. When you get your meal through a drive through window, select side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. This makes it possible for you to keep your calorie count low and reduce your fat intake.
Logic claims that one the easiest way to stay balanced is to sidestep the drive through and never eat fast food. While, in most cases, this is a good strategy, if you make intelligent choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Often what you need most is just to have someone else do the cooking. There isn’t any reason to feel guilty about going to the drive through when you make healthy decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken potato curry recipe. You can cook chicken potato curry using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken potato curry:
- Take rest of the curry
- Provide 1 onion, chopped
- Get 2 clove garlic, chopped
- Use 500 grams chicken breast, diced
- Provide 2⁄3 cup greek yogurt, or non-fat plain if you prefer a healthier version
- Provide 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- Take 2 cup water, more if required
- You need spice mix
- Provide 2 tsp pepper
- Use 1 tsp salt
- Use 2 tsp curry powder
- Get 1 tsp coriander powder
- Provide 1 tsp cumin powder
- You need 1 tsp ginger powder
- You need 1 tsp cinnamon powder
Instructions to make Chicken potato curry:
- Prepare and mix the spice mix and set aside.
- Heat butter or oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Soften onion and garlic for a few minutes, stirring often.
- Add the spice mix and cook for a few minutes, stirring often.
- Add chicken and cook until completely white, about ten minutes, stirring often.
- Add the yogurt, tomato paste, potato and water. Ingredients should be covered by liquid, so add more water if not covered.
- Bring to boil, cover, reduce the heat and simmer for about an hour, until sauce has reduced and thickened to the consistency you like.
- Serve with rice, with a side of flat bread, additional greek yogurt and mango chutney.
If you find this Chicken potato curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.