Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Tomato Chicken Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Tomato Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tomato Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Below Are A Few Simple Explanations Why Eating Apples Is Good.
Everybody has heard the phrase “an apple a day will keep the doctor away”, nevertheless the question is, is this really a true statement. You might know men and women that live by this and also request that their children live by this guideline as well. This idea is known all over the world and individuals just take it as fact without knowing if this is in fact true. In the following paragraphs we are going to be taking a look at apples to see if they really are a food that can help to keep you healthy.
So what can all these minerals and vitamins do for the health of your body. You may or may not be aware that apples can actually reduce risks of a variety of cancers, and that is due to all the things in apples. And on the actual list of cancers which apples can help ward off is colon cancer and even lung cancer. That point alone really should be enough to make sure individuals are eating at least one apple a day.
I really hope I have revealed some information that explained why apples are so good for you. One thing you should recognize is that we only discussed a handful of the benefits of eating apples. If you look and ask around, you are going to come to see that the benefits can seem to be limitless. When you go shopping again, make sure you pick up quite a few apples, their in the produce section. It can really help your health for short term and for the long haul.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tomato chicken curry recipe. To make tomato chicken curry you only need 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Tomato Chicken Curry:
- Prepare 2 tbsp canola oil
- Get 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Get 1 medium red onion
- Provide 5 clove of garlic
- Get 1⁄2 tsp jarred chopped ginger
- Use 4 dried arbol chiles
- Take 2 large bay leaves
- Provide 14 1⁄2 oz can of whole plum tomatos
- Use 1⁄4 tsp turmeric
- Use 1⁄2 tsp paparika
- Prepare 2 lb boneless chicken breast
- Take 2 medium red skinned potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Prepare 1 tsp honey/nectar
- Prepare 1 kosher salt, to taste
- Take 2 1⁄2 tbsp plain whole milk greek yogurt
- Get 1 tsp of Garam Masala
- Prepare 1 cooked basmati rice, for serving
- Use 1 chopped cilantro, for topping
Steps to make Tomato Chicken Curry:
- Heat the canola oil in large, deep pot over medium heat until it simmers. Sprinkle in the cumin seeds and stir a bit. The cumin should begin to sizzle immediately, become fragrant and darken slightly.
- Immediately add chopped red onion and bay leaves to their pot. Cook, stirring often, until the onion is dark brown in color, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- As the onion cooks, drain the juice from the can of tomatoes in a liquid measuring cup; set aside. In a food processor, add the tomatoes, garlic, ginger, Chile's, turmeric and paprika. Puree a few seconds.
- Add tomato base to onion mixture and cook, stirring, until thick, about 10 minutes. It should be a paste-like consistency.
- When the mixture begins to stick to the bottom of the pot, add the chicken and potatoes. Cook, stirring, until the chicken is opaque and the sauce sticks to the meat and potatoes, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the honey/nectar to reserved tomato juice, then add enough water to make 1.5 cups of liquid. Pour into pot. Season with salt as desired and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and gently simmer, uncovered and stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender and the sauce is slightly thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in the yogurt and sprinkle the Garam Masala.
- Serve over cooked basmati rice. Top with cilantro.
If you find this Tomato Chicken Curry recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.