Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are A Few Basic Reasons Why Eating Apples Is Good.
More than likely you’ve heard that you should be eating an apple a day but did you ever wonder why this is actually important? This is something that many people live by and they also ensure their children are eating at least one apple a day. This idea is known all over the world and individuals just take it as fact without knowing if this is in fact true. In our research we have learned why you are told to eat an apple a day and we’ll be discussing that with you here.
More than likely you have heard of Cornell University, well they did their own study on how apples can benefit a persons brain. While doing their study they learned that, quercetin, which is located in apples helps maintain healthy brain cells. Meaning by eating apples you are able to minimize the risk of getting Alzheimer’s.
I really hope I have revealed some good information that revealed why apples are so healthy for you. In this post we just covered a few of the benefits of eating an apple a day. All the benefits would take us too long to include in this article, but the information is out there. So do yourself a favor and pick up some apples when you go to the grocery store. You will see that your overall health may greatly be benefited when you eat apples.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to kerala style spicy chicken curry recipe. To cook kerala style spicy chicken curry you only need 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry:
- You need 2-3 lbs Free range organic whole chicken - skinless ,cut into medium size pieces
- Get Curry leaves few strands (or handful of leaves)
- You need 2 medium size purple onions - chopped into fine pieces
- Use 2 large tomatoes- cut into fine pieces
- Take Extra virgin coconut oil required for cooking
- Get 3-4 green chillies chopped vertically
- You need 1 cup cilantro leaves - chopped
- You need 1 1⁄2-2 cups coconut milk (another option - take 1 cup of shredded coconut and grind it into fine paste in mixer and use)
- Use 1 tbsp ginger paste (around 2'' piece)
- Provide 1 tbsp garlic paste (around 4-5 nos)
- Prepare 2 tsp vinegar
- Prepare to taste salt
- Use For Masala :
- You need 5-8 Dried red chilli (add more or less depending on spice level)
- Use 10 Black peppercorns
- Take 3-4 tbsp coriander seeds
- Use 3-4 cardamom pods
- Get 3-4 cloves
- Use 2 bay leaves
- Prepare 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- Prepare 2 small sticks cinnamon (or 1⁄2 tsp if using powder)
- Take 2-3 strands curry leaves
- Take 4-5 pearl onions - peeled and chopped into two halves
- Provide 1⁄2 tsp turmeric powder
Instructions to make Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry:
- In a pan pour 1 tbsp of coconut oil and wait till the oil becomes hot. Next, fry all the items mentioned under masala section till the nice aroma of masala comes. Turn off the heat and wait for the mixture to cool down before you grind it into a thick paste (add some water for grinding). Keep this masala paste aside
- In a cooking dish add few teaspoons of coconut oil required to fry the chopped onions. Wait till onion changes color. Then add salt as required.
- Next add ginger-garlic paste, green chillies and fry well. Into this add chopped tomato pieces, few curry leaves and sauté well
- Add vinegar and the previously prepared masala paste and continue to sauté well.
- Add chicken pieces into this. Cover the dish and cook for 5 minutes. Now ,add coconut milk/paste and mix well. Allow this to cook for 2 - 5 minutes or till the chicken is cooked. Add hot water if you need more gravy. Finally add chopped cilantro, curry leaves. Mix everything well and bring it to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and pour 1⁄2 tsp coconut oil on the top. Serve hot with rice, roti, puttu, dosa, etc .
If you find this Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.