Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for South-Indian Pidi Kozakattai recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best South-Indian Pidi Kozakattai recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to South-Indian Pidi Kozakattai recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Below Are A Few Basic Reasons Why Eating Apples Is Good.
Everybody has heard the saying “an apple a day will keep the doctor away”, nevertheless the question is, is this genuinely a true statement. This is something which many individuals live by and they also make sure their children are eating at least one apple a day. This concept is known all over the world and individuals just take it as fact without knowing if this is really true. You will be delighted to know that we have completed a little research, and we are going to tell you why this is regarded as a miracle fruit.
In accordance with another study, apples also can have good results on your brain. They discovered that one of the elements in apples known as quercetin, has actually been proven to help you to protect brain cells. And because of this you will recognize that apples can actually help people prevent the symptoms of Alzheimer’s.
I really hope I have revealed some information that explained why apples are so good. The huge benefits we covered are only a couple of of the benefits that eating apples can provide. If you look and ask around, you will come to see that the benefits can appear limitless. I am hoping that the the very next time you go to the grocery store you wind up getting plenty of apples. It can really help your health for short term and for the long haul.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to south-indian pidi kozakattai recipe. You can have south-indian pidi kozakattai using 13 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook South-Indian Pidi Kozakattai:
- Prepare 1 cup Rice
- Provide 2 tablespoons Toor dal/ split yellow lentil
- Get 1 tablespoon Moong dal/ split green gram
- Get 1 teaspoon chana dal/ Bengal gram
- Take 1 dry red chilli
- Prepare 1⁄4 teaspoon aesafoetida
- Use 4-5 pepper corns
- You need 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- You need 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Provide 4-5 curry leaves
- Provide 2 teaspoons Salt as per taste or
- You need 1 tablespoon oil for tempering
- Take Homemade butter/ chutney/ sambar to serve
Steps to make South-Indian Pidi Kozakattai:
- Wash and soak rice for 15 minutes.
- Drain the water and spread over a clean towel and let it half dry.
- Grind the rice into rawa like coarse powder.
- In a bowl soak toor dal along with a dry red chilli. And in another cup soak chana and moong dal.
- After 15 minutes of soaking grind toor dal and red chilli with coconut.
- Crush pepper corns, cumin seeds and aesafoetida to a coarse powder.
- Heat oil in a wok and add oil, after it's hot add mustard seeds and let them splutter. After that add pepper cumin and aesafoetida powder. Add curry leaves and roast.
- Add the soaked, drained chana and moong dal. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the ground paste and roast for 2 minutes. Just until the paste loses it's stickyness.
- Add 3 cups of water and let it come to a boil.
- Add some salt at this point.
- Gradually add 2 tablespoons of rice flour by stirring continuously.
- After adding all of the rice flour, it looks like this, keep stirring so there are no lumps.
- After 3-5 minutes the mixture will soak all the liquid and it will look like this. Cover and cook on low flame for 5 minutes. Switch off flame and leave it covered for some time. The mixture will cook in it's own steam.
- Take a small mixture squeeze between your palm and shape them into oblong Kozakattai. This method of making is called pidi.
- Keep in a steamer and let them cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Once done offer the Pidi Kozhakattai to Lord Ganesha before eating.
- In our bones children like to eat these with homemade white butter or homemade tangy jams. Other eat it with chutney, sambar, pickles or as is.
If you find this South-Indian Pidi Kozakattai recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.