Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Handvo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Handvo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Good For You.
Almost every single article about losing weight and getting healthy explains readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague as well as to perform all of their own cooking. There’s some worth to this. From time to time, though, the last thing you need is to have to make an evening meal from scratch. Once in a while you need to check out the drive through while you are on your way home and complete the day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to do this and not be suffering from guilt about slipping on your diet. This is possible because an abundance of the popular fast food spots are attempting to make their menus better now. Here is the way to find healthy food at the drive through.
Concentrate on the sides. Not so long ago, the only side dish item available at a fast food restaurant was French fries. Today almost all of the most popular fast food franchises have amplified their offerings. There are lots of salads around these days. You can also select Chili. You can also get a baked potato. Fruit is generally available. There are plenty of healthy options that do not consist of putting something deep fried into your body. When deciding on your meal from the drive through, choose a variety of side items instead of choosing a pre-made “meal deal”. This helps you keep your calorie count low and lessen your fat intake.
Logic claims that one the simplest way to stay healthy and balanced is to bypass the drive through and never eat fast food. Most of the time this is a good concept but if you make great choices, there is not any reason you can’t visit your drive through now and then. Once in a while, letting someone else cook dinner is just what you need. When you choose wholesome menu items, you do not have to feel guilty about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to handvo recipe. To cook handvo you need 25 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Handvo:
- Use 1 cup Rice of any variety
- Provide 1⁄3 cup Chana dal
- You need 1⁄3 cup Masoor/Tur dal(split red/yellow lentil)
- Get 1⁄4 cup Urad dal(split black lentil)
- Take 1 cup Yoghurt or curd
- Prepare 1⁄2 cup shredded Cabbage
- Use 1⁄2 cup shredded Carrots
- Prepare 1⁄2 cup shredded Spinach
- Take 1 handful minced Coriander leaves
- Get 2 sliced fresh green or red Chilli
- Provide 1 teaspoon Chilli flakes
- Prepare 1⁄2 teaspoon Ginger paste
- Provide 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed Cumin seed
- Provide 2 teaspoon Vegetable oil
- You need 1 teaspoon Fruit salt or Eno
- Prepare 1 teaspoon Salt
- Prepare 1⁄2 teaspoon Sugar
- Take For tempering
- Use 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- Get 1 teaspoon Mustard oil
- Prepare 1 teaspoon Cumin seed
- Get 1 teaspoon white Sesame seeds
- Get 5-6 Curry leaves
- Provide 1⁄4 tsp Hing/Asafoetida
- Provide As required Little oil to brush the baking dish
Steps to make Handvo:
- Soak rice and dal together for 3-4 hours.
- Drain water, add curd and blend to a slightly coarse paste.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add shredded cabbage, grated carrot, shredded spinach, minced coriander leaves and sliced fresh chillies.
- Also add ginger paste, sugar, chilli flakes, crushed cumin seed, oil and salt.
- Mix well making sure the batter is slightly thick like idli batter consistency.
- Now add eno / fruit salt and mix gently. Note that you should add eno at the time of baking.
- Take a round baking dish, brush with little oil and transfer the batter to the dish.
- Heat oil and temper with mustard seeds, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, curry leaves and hing/asafoetida.
- Spread the tempering over the batter.
- Preheat oven at 180 degree C for 10 minutes.
- Bake the handvo or savoury cake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick/ satay stick comes out clean.
- When the cake comes to room temperature remove the sides with a knife.
- Invert the cake to a serving dish.
- Cut in pieces and serve this healthy and delicious handvo with green/red chutneys or any kind of pickle.
If you find this Handvo recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.