Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Prawn curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Prawn curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Prawn curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Nutritious Fast Food.
Almost every single “get healthy” and “weight loss” article you read will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is certainly very good guidance. Once in a while, though, you totally do not wish to make a full meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes just about all you want is to go to the drive through and get home as quickly as possible. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be authorized to do this and not be tormented by guilt about slipping on your diet. This can be done because an abundance of the popular fast food destinations are attempting to make their menus healthy now. Here is how you can eat healthy and balanced when you visit the drive through.
Choose your drive through based on whether or not it has better options available. Arby’s for example, isn’t going to serve burgers. Instead, your selections include roast beef and chicken sandwiches, wraps and big salads. While Wendy’s has served hamburgers for decades, they also have quite a few other healthy options like salads, baked potatoes and chili. Not everything is McDonalds with its deep fried chicken parts and also other terribly unhealthy items.
Basic logic states that the best way to lose weight and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet altogether. Most of the time this is a good plan but if you make good choices, there’s no reason you can’t visit your drive through from time to time. Often what you need most is just to have someone else do the cooking. There isn’t any reason to feel bad about visiting the drive through when you make healthful decisions!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to prawn curry recipe. You can cook prawn curry using 23 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Prawn curry:
- Take 750 grams deshelled prawns
- Take 2 onions
- Prepare 3 tomatoes
- Take 2 green chillies
- Use 1 inch ginger
- Take 10 garlic cloves
- Use 50 grams cashew nuts
- Provide 3 tbsps oil
- Provide 1⁄3 cup coconut milk or 1⁄4 coconut
- Get 1⁄2 tbsp cumin
- You need 1 tbsp coriander powder
- Provide 1 tbsp garam masala
- Get 1 1⁄2 tbsp chilli powder
- Take As per taste salt
- Take Handful coriander leaves
- Get 1⁄2 tbsp Turmeric powder
- You need For Optional:
- You need 2-3 bay leaves
- Provide 2-3 cloves
- You need 1⁄2 inch cinnamon bark
- You need 1 mace
- Prepare 1⁄2 tbsp black cumin /shah jeera
- Prepare 2-3 cardamom
Steps to make Prawn curry:
- Deshell, devein, and clean the prawns.
- Prep: Cut onions and tomatoes. Make a ginger-garlic paste.
- Crush some plain garlic and cut green chillies.
- Heat butter in pan.
- Cook onions until translucent. Add ginger-garlic paste. Cook until onions are brown.
- Add tomatoes. Add salt and turmeric. Cook until completely soft.
- While the tomatoes cook, there's the optional choice of making your own coconut milk. Take 1⁄4 fresh coconut. Blend it. Add 1⁄4 cup of water. Blend again
- . Strain the mixture to get coconut milk.
- Add cashew nuts. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Take ice cold water in a blender. Put the tomato-onion mixture and blend it all.
- Heat a pan with a little oil. Cook prawns until pink. Optionally, one can add spices given in the second ingredients section while doing this, but since we're adding garam masala to the curry, it isn't necessary.
- Heat a pan with oil. Add the crushed garlic. Cook until transparent or it starts sticking to the bottom. Add cumin and green chillies. Let it cook for a minute. Now add curry leaves. Wait until the sputtering stops.
- Add the tomato-onion mixture. Let it cook for a minute until you see a little oil on top.
- Add coconut milk. Add prawns. Cook for 5 minutes. Add chilli powder and coriander powder. Cook for another 5 minutes. Taste and adjust. Taste prawn too to see that it's cooked, but don't overcook it (it must be C-shaped not You-shaped by the end).
- Add garam masala. Dice coriander and add it.
- Serve with rice. Garnish with lemon wedges.
If you find this Prawn curry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.