Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Best chicken and chickpea curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Best chicken and chickpea curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Good For You.
Almost every “get healthy” and “weight loss” article you go through will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. There’s some value to that. Once in a while, though, you absolutely do not need to make a whole meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes you just wish to go to the drive through on the way home and call it a day. Why shouldn’t you be able to do this every so often and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet program? You can do this because lots of the popular joints are now advertising “healthy” menu selections to keep their businesses up. Here is how you can eat healthy and balanced when you hit the drive through.
Your drink needs to be water or juice or milk. When you sip a huge soft drink you are putting too much empty calories to your day. Usually just one portion of soda pop is only eight ounces big. Those eight ounces tend to be at least 100 calories and about ten tablespoons of sugar. A fast food soda is almost always at the very least twenty ounces. Typically, however, they are 30 ounces. This means that just purchasing a soft drink will add cupfulls of sugar and thousands of empty calories to your diet program. It is much healthier to choose milk, juice and also regular water.
Logic claims that one of the best ways to stay healthy is to bypass the drive through and never eat fast food. While this is usually a good idea all you need to do is make a number of good choices and going to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Occasionally, allowing someone else cook dinner is just what you require. There isn’t any reason to feel terrible about visiting the drive through when you make healthy decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to best chicken and chickpea curry recipe. To make best chicken and chickpea curry you need 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Best chicken and chickpea curry:
- Use 3 large chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- Get 2 tbsp thick yoghurt - we use Fage 5% greek
- Provide 2 heaped tsp cumin
- Take 1 heaped tsp garam masala
- Use 1 tsp turmeric
- Take Half tsp mild chilli powder
- Take 3 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- Get 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- Provide 2 garlic cloves,finely chopped
- Get 1 inch piece of root ginger (or use a heaped tsp frozen ginger), finely chopped or grated
- Provide 2 extra tsp cumin and turmeric
- Take 8-10 new potatoes, skins on, pre-cooked - we were using some leftovers!
- Use 400 g tin coconut milk (you could use light but we prefer regular full-fat!)
- You need 210 g tin chickpeas
- Prepare 150 g fresh spinach
- Use 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Provide Salt and pepper
Steps to make Best chicken and chickpea curry:
- Add the spices (cumin, garam masala, turmeric and chilli powder) to a bowl with 1 tbsp of oil and mix. Add 2 tbsp of greek yoghurt and stir well. Add the chicken to the bowl and coat with the spice mixture. Cover and put in the fridge and marinade for as long as you can - we often forget to do it overnight but this produces the best results. If not, marinade as soon as you remember, even for an hour before cooking.
- To start cooking, heat the 1 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and fry for 5 minutes until softened. Add 1 tsp of extra cumin and turmeric and stir for a minte or so.
- In a bowl, add the remaining cumin and garam masala to 1 tbsp of oil and mix. Tip in the cooked potatoes and stir well until coated.
- In a smaller non-stick pan, fry the potatoes until they are crispy and golden - this should take about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Whilst your potatoes are frying, add the marinating chicken chunks with their sauce to the cooked onion mixture in your large pan. Turn up the heat so that the mixture starts to bubble, then reduce the heat to low/medium. Add half a tin of coconut milk and cook for approx 15 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken and the chicken is cooked. If the sauce starts to thicken too much, add more coconut milk, a little at a time.
- Add 1 tbsp of tomato puree and a small tin of drained chickpeas. Stir well, adding the fresh spinach and stir again. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add the crispy potatoes and cook for a final 5 minutes
- Season well with salt and pepper and serve with basmati brown rice or poppodums and naan if you prefer. You can also serve the potatoes separately as I did for my children as they love the crispiness!!
If you find this Best chicken and chickpea curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.