Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for South Indian Thali - Dosa, Idli, Appam, Uttpam, Sambhar, Chutney recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best South Indian Thali - Dosa, Idli, Appam, Uttpam, Sambhar, Chutney recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to South Indian Thali - Dosa, Idli, Appam, Uttpam, Sambhar, Chutney recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are Some Basic Reasons Why Consuming Apples Is Good.
I am sure you have heard that you should be eating an apple a day but did you ever ask yourself why this is important? Many individuals have lived with this philosophy for many years, and they additionally pass this on to their children. This idea is known all over the world and men and women just take it as fact without knowing if this is actually true. You will be happy to know that we have carried out a little research, and we are going to teach you why this is regarded as a miracle fruit.
More than likely you have heard of Cornell University, well these people did their own study on how apples can benefit an individuals brain. While carrying out their study they discovered that, quercetin, which is found in apples helps maintain healthy brain cells. And naturally thanks to this component in apples, they’re able to essentially reduce Alzheimer’s symptoms.
To sum up, I guess an apple a day definitely can keep the doctor away and now you recognize why. In this post we just covered a few of the benefits of eating an apple a day. Should you look and ask around, you will come to see that the benefits can seem to be limitless. So do yourself a favor and grab some apples the next time you go to the grocery store. You will find that your overall health could tremendously be benefited when you eat apples.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to south indian thali - dosa, idli, appam, uttpam, sambhar, chutney recipe. You can have south indian thali - dosa, idli, appam, uttpam, sambhar, chutney using 69 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook South Indian Thali - Dosa, Idli, Appam, Uttpam, Sambhar, Chutney:
- Use Dosa, Uttpam, Idli Batter
- Take 1 Cup Urad Split Dal
- You need 3 Cups Rice
- Take 2 tbsp chana dal
- Get 1 tbsp methi dana/ Fenugreek seeds
- You need to taste Salt
- Take Appam
- Use 1-2 cup Dosa Batter
- Take 1 cup chana dal
- Provide to taste Salt
- Use 1 inch ginger
- Provide Coconut Chutney
- Prepare 1⁄2 cup coconut
- Use 1⁄2 cup curd
- You need 1-2 tbs chana dal soaked
- Provide to taste salt
- Get 2-3 green chillies
- Use 1-2 whole red chillies
- Use 1-2 tbsp mustard seeds
- Provide pinch hing
- You need 4-5 curry leaves
- Provide As needed oil for tadka and saute
- Get Red Tomato Chutney
- Use As needed coconut chutney
- Take 2 tomatoes
- Provide 2-3 whole red chiilies
- You need to taste salt
- Use Mint Coriander Chutney
- Use 50-100 gms coriander leaves
- Provide 50 gms pudina
- Get pinch hing
- Provide to taste salt
- Provide roasted jeera powder
- Provide 3-4 garlic cloves
- Prepare 1 inch ginger
- Take 1-2 tsp chaat masala/ jaljeera masala
- You need 1 raw mango
- Use 1-2 ice cubes
- You need 2-3 green chiilies
- Take Sambhar
- Get 1⁄2 cup Arhar Dal/ Toor Dal
- Get to taste salt
- Take 2 tsp haldi
- Use 1⁄2 tsp hing
- You need 1-2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- Use 4-5 curry leaves
- You need 2-3 whole red chillies
- Provide 2 onions
- Provide 3 tomatoes
- You need 1-2 brinjal small
- Take 1 carrot
- Take 4-5 french beans
- Prepare 1 capsicum
- Prepare 2 tsp red chilli powder
- Provide 2 tsp sambhar masala
- Provide 1-2 tsp dhaniya powder
- Use 1⁄2 tsp garam masala
- Take 1 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- Use 1 Raw Mango(optional)
- Provide few Imli(optional)
- Get 1-2 Lemon (optional)
- Prepare 1 inch ginger
- Take 4-5 garlic cloves
- Provide 1-2 green chillies
- Use Veggies For Uttpam
- You need 1 chopped onion
- Get 1 chopped carrot
- Provide 1 chopped capsicum
- Get 1 chopped tomato
Instructions to make South Indian Thali - Dosa, Idli, Appam, Uttpam, Sambhar, Chutney:
- Soak urad dal, rice, chana dal, methi dana overnight with quantity mentioned above. Next day blend all the things together. Add some water to give it a thick and runny texture. Keep the batter covered for around 5-6 hours. Donot add salt until now.
- Once batter is rested and is fermented,beat the batter gently and add some salt and pinch of eno to the batter. Now take the non stick tava/ dosa tava. Heat it and sprinkle some water on it. Rub the tava with napkin or kitchen cloth.now take the batter in the karchi and pour it on the tava. now spread the batter in round motion very gently till it covers the complete tava. Sprinkle some oil.Repeat the process for another dosa.
- Uttpam - Take the same dosa batter and pour a some batter on tawa with ladle. Donot spread the batter like dosa. Add some chopped veggies mentioned above. Sprinkle some black.peper powder, salt. Sprinkle some oil..Cook on low heat for 3-4 mins. Now flip it to another side and cook it for 1 min. Now Uttpam is ready.
- Appam - Soak chana dal over night. Blend it with some water. batter should be medium thick. Keep it aside for 5-6 hours. once fermented, add 1-2 cup of fermented dosa batter. mix it well.add some salt. add grated ginger. mix well. now take appam/ appe/ paniyarram pan and put it on very low heat. brush some oil. Add the batter in the pan one by one. close the lead. let it cook on low heat for 4-5 mins. Now turn all the appams on other side. Let it cook for 2-3 mins. Appam are ready.
- Idli - Take the fermented dosa batter and add it in the idli utensil. Cook it for 6 mins in microwave or for 10-12 mins in cooker.
- Sambhar - Boil Arhar dal with some salt, haldi and pinch of hing. Here I have not used imli, so I have put some pieces of raw mango along with dal while boiling it. Raw mango will add very tangy flavour to thr sambhar. let it cook for 10-15 min on low heat. Now with help of madani, mix the dal and make.sure that dal is dissolved completely. add some more.water for medium thin consitancy
- Tadka for Sambhar - Add 2-3 tbsp mustard oil. Add fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, 2 whole red chillies, curry leaves, 1-2 green chillies chopped, chopped ginger garlic. Let it cook for 30 secs. Add 2 sliced onions and cook it for 30sec to 1 min. Add chopped tomatoes. Cook it for 1-2 minutes. Add red chilli powder, salt to taste, dhaniya powder, garam masala,haldi, sambhar masala. mix it well. Now add cut brinjal pieces, cut french beans, cut carrot. mix it well and cook it for 2 min.
- Add cut capsicum and cook it for 1-2 minutes. add the dal and some water to adjust the consistency. Cover it will lead and bring it to boil. As i have already added raw mango in dal, so i have not used imli. if you are not adding raw mango, u can soak some imli in water and add the paste in sambhar. You can also use lemon juice if u wish to skip raw mango and imli. Boil it for 5-10 mins. Sambhar is ready.
- Coconut Chutney - Take 1⁄2 cup coconut pieces, 1⁄2 curd, 2-3 green chillies, salt to taste, some roasted chana dal. Blend it together to make a paste. Tadka - Take 1-2 tsp oil. heat it. add pinch of hing, mustard seeds, curry leaves, 2 red whole chillies. turn off the heat when mustard seeds starts to.pop. Add the tadka in the chutney. Coconut chutney is ready
- Red Tomato Coconut Chutney - Take 2 tomatoes and saute it on pan. Take some coconut chutney on blender, add saute tomatoes, 2-3 whole red chillies, 1 tsp degi red chilli powder, some curd. blend it. Red Tomato Chutney is ready.
- Mint Coriander Chutney - Take all the ingredients together and blend it. chutney is ready.
- Now Prepare the platter with dosa, uttpam, chutneys, sambhar, idlis, appam. Bon Appetite!!
If you find this South Indian Thali - Dosa, Idli, Appam, Uttpam, Sambhar, Chutney recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.