Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sambar (South Indian Tiffin Special) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sambar (South Indian Tiffin Special) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Nutritious Fast Food.
Almost every single article about weight loss and getting healthy tells readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and to carry out all of their own cooking. This is really very true. Once in a while, though, you totally do not want to make a whole meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes you just want to go to the drive through en route to your home and call it a day. Why shouldn’t you have the ability to do this from time to time and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet program? This can be done because plenty of the popular fast food spots are attempting to make their menus healthy now. Here’s how it is possible to eat healthfully when you are at a fast food place.
Go with the side dishes. It has not been that long ago that all you could get at the fast food cafe was French Fries. Now lots of the fast food menus have been widened a great deal. Now you may get a variety of salads. You could also select Chili. Baked potatoes can also be bought. Fruit is usually offered. There are a lot of possibilities that you can choose that do not force you to ingest foods that have been deep fried. When you buy your meal through a drive through window, select side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. When you are doing this you can keep your fat content as well as your calorie counts low.
Standard logic tells us that one sure way to get healthy and lose fat is to skip the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. Most of the time this is a good idea but if you make great choices, there is not any reason you can’t visit your drive through once in a while. Once in a while, permitting someone else cook dinner is just what you require. There isn’t any reason to feel guilty about visiting the drive through when you make healthful decisions!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sambar (south indian tiffin special) recipe. To make sambar (south indian tiffin special) you only need 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Sambar (South Indian Tiffin Special):
- Take 1⁄4 cup Toor Dal
- Use 5-6 Shallots (chopped)
- Get 1 medium sized Tomato
- Take 1⁄2 cup Tamarind Extract
- You need 1⁄4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- Provide 1⁄2 Teaspoon Chilli Powder
- You need 1⁄2 Teaspoon Jaggery
- Take 1⁄2 cup Veggies (Carrot, Potato, Pumpkin, Drumstick, Brinjal)
- Prepare To taste Salt
- Get 1-2 Teaspoon Ghee
- Use As required Oil
- Get 1⁄2 teaspoon Mustard seeds, Cumin Seeds
- Use 1 pinch Hing
- Provide 1 sprig Curry leaves
Steps to make Sambar (South Indian Tiffin Special):
- Pressure cook the Toor Dal with 1 cup of water and mash it. Cut veggies and keep it aside.
- Dry roast and make a fine powder: 1 tablespoon chanaDal and Coriander seeds, 1⁄2 teaspoon Cumin seeds and Peppercorn, 1⁄4 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds, 4 red chillies and a pinch of Hing.
- Heat the oil and temper mustard, cumin, curry leaves and hing. Then add shallots, tomato and saute for 2 minutes.
- Now add veggies and cook for another few minutes. Then add tamarind extract, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and ground powder.
- Ladle the mixture without forming any lumps. Just add mashed Toor Dal and jaggery.
- The mixture may get thicker, so add some water, lid the pan and cook for some more time.
- Now a well cooked thick Sambar may attract your eyes!! Few dashes of ghee you can top on the mixture.
- Serve hot with South Indian Tiffin items and enjoy your food
If you find this Sambar (South Indian Tiffin Special) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.