Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Good For You.
Almost every single article about losing weight and getting healthy tells readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague as well as to perform all of their own cooking. There’s some worth to that. Once in a while, though, you absolutely do not want to make a full meal for your family or even just for yourself. Once in a while you need to pay a visit to the drive through while you are on your way home and complete the day. There is no reason that you shouldn’t be able to do that once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This is possible because plenty of the popular fast food destinations are attempting to make their menus healthy now. Here’s how it is possible to eat healthfully when you are at a fast food place.
Your beverage ought to be water or juice or milk. Drinking a large soft drink causes hundreds of empty fat laden calories into your diet. A single helping of soda is typically thought to be eight ounces. That helping typically is made up of at the very least a hundred calories and more than a few tablespoons of sugar. Most fast food soft drink sizes start at twenty ounces. Thirty ounces, however, is much more common. Choosing a soft drink as your drink boosts your calorie absorption by thousands and adds way too much sugar to your diet. Milk, fruit juices as well as plain water are much healthier options.
Standard logic tells us that one certain way to get healthy and lose weight is to skip the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While this is usually a good idea all you need to do is make a couple of good choices and going to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Often what you require most is just to have someone else do the cooking. There isn’t any reason to feel bad about going to the drive through when you make healthy and balanced decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lentil and tomato curry, indian style recipe. To make lentil and tomato curry, indian style you need 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style:
- Get 1⁄2 can lentils
- You need 1⁄2 can diced tomatoes
- Use 1 small onion, sliced
- Provide 1 tbs finely minced ginger
- Provide 1 tbs finely minced garlic
- Get 1 tsp coriander seeds
- Take 1⁄2 tsp cumin seeds
- Use 1⁄2 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- Provide 1 bay leaf (optional)
- Use 2 tbs garam masala powder
- Provide 2 tbs cooking cream
- Use 1 tsp sugar (I used coconut sugar)
- Take 1 tbs oil (I used coconut)
- Get to taste Salt and pepper,
Steps to make Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style:
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add in the coriander, cumin, and mustard seeds. Fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds or so.
- Reduce heat to low-medium and add in the garlic, ginger, and onions, being careful not to burn the garlic and ginger.
- Cook onions until soft and translucent, stirring frequently to avoid burning the spices and aromatics.
- Add in lentils and tomatoes, stir everything together, then turn heat back to medium. Add in garam masala powder, bay leaf, sugar, and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stirring occasionally, simmer until reduced to preferred consistency (I like it more like a stew and not so liquid).
- Add in cream, then reduce once again to preferred consistency.
- Remove from heat and serve.
If you find this Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.