Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chemmeen Achar - Kerala Style Prawns Pickle recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chemmeen Achar - Kerala Style Prawns Pickle recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthy Fast Food.
Just about every article you read about improving your health or weight loss is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is literally very true. Occasionally, though, the last thing you need is to have to prepare an evening meal from scratch. Sometimes just about all you want is to go to the drive through and get home as quickly as possible. There is no reason you shouldn’t be able to do that once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This may be possible because an abundance of the popular fast food destinations making the effort to make their menus better now. Here is the way to eat healthy when you visit the drive through.
Your beverage ought to be water or juice or milk. When you consume a large soft drink you are putting a whole bunch of empty calories to your day. Usually just one helping of soda is only eight ounces big. That helping normally contains a minimum of a hundred calories and more than a few tablespoons of sugar. A fast food soft drink is typically a minimum of twenty ounces. It is usually a minimum of 30 ounces. Choosing a soda as your drink increases your calorie absorption by thousands and adds way too much sugar to your diet. Water, fruit juice and milk, however, are much better choices.
Logic states that that one of the best ways to stay balanced is to avoid the drive through and never eat fast food. While this is usually recommended all you need to do is make a number of good selections and going to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Sometimes what you need is to let other people create your dinner. When you want healthful menu items, you do not have to feel terrible about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chemmeen achar - kerala style prawns pickle recipe. To cook chemmeen achar - kerala style prawns pickle you only need 22 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chemmeen Achar - Kerala Style Prawns Pickle:
- Use 1 :- ( marinate and sun dry) Bowl
- Get 1⁄2 kg Shrimp / Chemmeen - ( fresh or cooked)
- You need 1 chili powder tea Kashmiri red - spoon
- Get pinch Turmeric powder - a large
- Provide to taste Salt
- Get Oil for frying
- Get 2 :- Bowl
- Provide 2 chili powder tea Red - spoon ( use as per your heat level)
- You need 1⁄4 Turmeric tea powder - spoon
- Get 2 Vinegar - table spoon
- Prepare 1⁄4 pepper tea Crushed - spoon ( optional)
- Prepare 3 :- Bowl
- Provide 1 Mustard seeds tea - spoon
- You need 1⁄2 1⁄4 Fenugreek seeds tea tea - spoon or powder - spoon
- Use 8 cloves Garlic sliced - - 10
- Provide 2 Ginger tea sliced - spoon
- Take 1 or 2 Green chili sliced -
- Use 2 - 3 Curry leaves - strings
- You need pinch kaayam Hing / - a large
- You need 2 Vinegar - table spoon ( optional)
- Get 2 or 3 Gingelly oil Nalenna / - table spoon
- Provide to taste Salt
Instructions to make Chemmeen Achar - Kerala Style Prawns Pickle:
- If using fresh shrimp, clean, devein it and wash it thoroughly. I used frozen cooked salad shrimp, so i just thawed it overnight in the fridge.
- Marinate it with all other ingredients in Bowl 1, arrange it on a tray or cookie sheet and leave it open in the sun for a day or two. I keep it from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm for nearly 2 days. Every evening take it inside,leave it on your counter top, covered or uncovered.
- So if you don't wanna wait till then, marinate the shrimp, keep it for some time and the fry it. (See notes @ the end to see other options)
- When your ready to make it, fry the shrimp in oil. You can either deep fry or shallow fry it.But i prefer deep frying for this. Drain on paper towels. Set aside
- Grind all the ingredients in Bowl 2 to a fine paste. Sprinkle a table spoon of water if necessary.
- Heat some oil from the fried shrimp pan, or you can use nalenna / sesame oil for this step.
- Add mustard seeds,when they splutter add fenugreek seeds. (if using fenugreek powder use at the end of cooking)
- Slide in chopped ginger, garlic,green chiles and curry leaves and fry for 3-4 minutes on medium flame till the raw smell disappears. Add the Bowl 2 - chili paste and mix well. Sprinkle 1⁄4 cup water and bring to boil…..
- Stir in the fried Prawns and combine well, Saute for 3-4 minutes, till it is heated through (add fenugreek powder if you are using it now) Give a salt check. Switch off the flame. Let it cool.
- When it is in room temperature add hing and 2 more table spoon of vinegar (optional) and mix well.
- My mom leave it on the stove top for a day and then transfer it into glass jars.
- Pour 2 or 3 table spoons of Nalenna/ Gingelly oil over it and keep outside for a day or two and then keep refrigerated.
If you find this Chemmeen Achar - Kerala Style Prawns Pickle recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.