Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for South Indian Breakfast - Ven Pongal & Kadamba Sambhar recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect South Indian Breakfast - Ven Pongal & Kadamba Sambhar recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to South Indian Breakfast - Ven Pongal & Kadamba Sambhar recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding on Healthy Fast Food.
Almost each and every “get healthy” and “weight loss” document you study will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. There’s some benefit to this. Sometimes, though, the last thing you want is to have to make an evening meal from scratch. Once in a while you need to pay a visit to the drive through when you are on your way home and complete the day. Why shouldn’t you be capable of do this every now and then and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet regime? This may be possible because plenty of the popular fast food destinations are trying to make their menus better now. Here is the way to find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Visit a drive through at a place which has made it a practice to supply healthier options to people. Arby’s for example, does not offer burgers. Alternatively you can pick from roast beef sandwiches, salads, wraps and other healthier items. Wendy’s, not surprisingly, is known for its square burgers, even so the menu there has a considerable amount of wholesome choices like salad, potatoes and chili. Not all fast food spots are as unhealthy as McDonalds with its deep fried everything.
Logic claims that one the simplest way to stay healthy is to avoid the drive through and never eat fast food. While this is usually recommended all you need to do is make a few good choices and visiting the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Sometimes the thing you need is to let other people produce your dinner. When you choose wholesome menu items, you do not have to feel bad about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to south indian breakfast - ven pongal & kadamba sambhar recipe. You can cook south indian breakfast - ven pongal & kadamba sambhar using 26 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook South Indian Breakfast - Ven Pongal & Kadamba Sambhar:
- Provide For Pongal :
- Take 1⁄2 Cup Raw Rice
- You need 1⁄4 cup Moong Dhal/Paasi Parupu
- You need 1 tsp Ginger chopped
- Take 1 pinch Hing/Asafoetida
- Take 1 tsp Black Pepper Corns
- Prepare 1 tsp pepper powder
- Use 2 tbsp ghee
- Use 2 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- Take 1⁄3 cup Milk
- Prepare as needed Few Cashew Nuts
- Get as needed Curry Leaves Little
- Use to taste Salt as per taste
- Provide For Kadamba Sambhar:
- Get 2 tsp Oil
- Get 1 tsp Methi /Fenugreek seeds
- Prepare as needed Mixed Veggies(Carrot,Beans,Peas,Sweet Potato,Potato) You can add veggies of your choice
- You need as needed Small Ball of Tamarind (Extract Paste)
- Take 2 tsp Sambhar Powder
- You need 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- You need 1⁄3 cup Toor Dhal + 2tbsp Moong Dhal with little Turmeric Powder (Pressure cook it for 3 whistles)
- Take To Temper:
- Prepare 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- Take 1⁄2 tsp Urad Dhal
- Prepare as needed Curry Leaves Few
- Provide to taste Salt
Steps to make South Indian Breakfast - Ven Pongal & Kadamba Sambhar:
- For Pongal: Dry Roast raw rice and moong dhal in a pressure cooker.
- Keep that aside.Add 1 tbsp ghee,ginger and hing.Saute for a min.
- Add 3 cups of water,required salt and pressure cook them for 3 or 4 whistles.
- Once cooker is released mash the cooked rice and dhal well (Add water if it is too dry) and boil for sometime.
- In the end before tempering add milk and mix well and boil for a min. (This gives pongal a creamy texture and an awesome taste).
- Add the black pepper powder.
- Take a tempering pan and add 1 or 2 tbsp of ghee. Once it is hot add the jeera,black pepper corns,curry leaves and cashew nuts. Saute well.
- Add the tempering to the pongal and serve hot with Sambhar and Chutney.
- Kadamba Sambhar: In a kadai add little oil. Once it heats up add little mustard seeds. Once it splutters add the methi seeds and saute.
- Add the mixed veggies and saute them for a min.
- Add the Sambhar Powder,Coriander Powder and salt and mix it well.
- Extract the tamarind and add them to the sambhar and add water.
- Boil them till the veggies get cooked well.
- Mash the toor dhal+moong dhal and add them by adjusting water if required.
- Boil till you get the froth and temper with Mustard seeds,Urad Dhal and Curry leaves.
If you find this South Indian Breakfast - Ven Pongal & Kadamba Sambhar recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.