Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for AVIAL -Mixed vegetables in curried Coconut sauce (Side Dish)-South Indian Style recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best AVIAL -Mixed vegetables in curried Coconut sauce (Side Dish)-South Indian Style recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to AVIAL -Mixed vegetables in curried Coconut sauce (Side Dish)-South Indian Style recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Very good For You.
Just about every article you read about bettering your health or weight loss is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is really very good guidance. From time to time, though, the last thing you need is to have to prepare a meal from scratch. Sometimes just about all you desperately want is to go to the drive through and get home as soon as possible. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to do this and not be plagued by shame about slipping on your diet. You are capable of doing this because most of the popular joints are now marketing “healthy” menu alternatives to keep their businesses up. Here is how you can eat healthy when you reach the drive through.
Go for the side dishes. It wasn’t too long ago that French Fries were your only side dish selection at a restaurant. Now virtually all of the well-known fast food places have broadened their menus. Now you can find a variety of salads. You can also select Chili. Baked potatoes can also be purchased. You can choose fruit. There are lots of healthful options that do not include putting something deep fried into your body. When you buy your meal through a drive through window, choose side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. You’ll keep your calorie and fatty food count lower and escape dedication.
Logic states that that one of the best ways to stay balanced is to sidestep the drive through and never eat fast food. Most of the time this is a good idea but if you make great choices, there is not any reason you can’t visit your drive through now and then. Once in a while, permitting someone else cook dinner is just what you require. When you choose wholesome menu items, you do not have to feel guilty about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to avial -mixed vegetables in curried coconut sauce (side dish)-south indian style recipe. You can cook avial -mixed vegetables in curried coconut sauce (side dish)-south indian style using 28 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make AVIAL -Mixed vegetables in curried Coconut sauce (Side Dish)-South Indian Style:
- Prepare 1 tbsp vegetable oil (preferably coconut oil)
- Provide 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Prepare 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- You need 1 tsp asafetida
- Prepare 1⁄4 cup curry leaves
- Get 1 cup chopped red onions
- Provide 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- Prepare 1 medium sized potato, diced
- Prepare 1 cup frozen pea carrot mix
- Use 1 cup frozen lima beans
- You need 1⁄2 cup frozen Elephant Foot Yam (Senai kizhangu in Tamil)
- You need 2 Tarrow root (Sepankizhangu in Tamil), steam cooked and diced
- You need 1 medium sized sweet potato, steam cooked and diced
- Use 1 tbs curry powder
- Take 1⁄2 tsp turmeric powder
- Use Coconut paste:
- You need 1⁄2 c fresh coconut pieces
- Get 1 tbsp channa dhal
- Get 1 tbsp urud dhal
- Provide 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- You need 1⁄4 c cashews
- Take 1 inch ginger
- You need 1-2 green chilies
- Use 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- You need 2 cup yogurt
- Use to taste Salt
- Use 1 cup chopped cilantro
- Get 1 cup roasted cashew nuts
Steps to make AVIAL -Mixed vegetables in curried Coconut sauce (Side Dish)-South Indian Style:
- Heat Oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, about a minute. Pop mustard and fennel seeds in the hot oil, about a minute. Add asafetida, chilies, and curry leaves; sauté onion until onion gets soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and potato; continue cooking over medium heat with the saucepan covered, about 5 minutes. Stir in frozen vegetables, about five minutes. Add steam cooked vegetables. Add 4 cups water; continue cooking over medium heat with the sauce pan covered-about 5 minutes. Stir in curry and turmeric powder.
- Coconut paste: - Dry roast dhal, coriander, cashews and coconut over medium heat in a skillet-about 2- minutes. Blend them together with water to make a smooth paste. Add the paste to the cooked vegetables. Mix well
- Add coconut milk; bring it to boil over medium heat, about 6minutes. Add nutmeg. Turn the heat off. Cool to room temperature. - Add yogurt. Salt to taste. Garnish with cilantro and cashews. Serve at room temperature. - Serve this tasty nutritious dish with pongal
If you find this AVIAL -Mixed vegetables in curried Coconut sauce (Side Dish)-South Indian Style recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.