Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Apples Can Certainly Have Huge Advantages To Improve Your Health.
On TV and in magazines absolutely everyone is telling you to eat an apple a day, having said that, have you ever asked yourself why? You might know individuals that live by this and also require that their children live by this guideline as well. You will even find that folks in other country’s also stick to this simple rule and they don’t know why. You will be happy to know that we have carried out a little research, and we are going to teach you why this is regarded as a miracle fruit.
Yet another thing that has been discovered is that apples can additionally help your heart. With all the things that you will discover in apples, which includes fiber, they work together to help your heart health. These ingredients can even help to lower your cholesterol, which is also beneficial to promoting heart health. The one thing you should recognize is that many of the ingredients for a healthful heart are located in the skin of the apple. If you happen to be one of the people who skin their apple before feeding on it, you may want to change that habit so that you are receiving all the benefits from the apple that you can get.
I really hope I have revealed some good information that revealed why apples are so healthy for you. The one thing you should recognize is that we only mentioned a portion of the benefits of eating apples. You’ll be able to locate many more benefits for your health when it comes to apples. So do yourself a favor and purchase some apples the very next time you go to supermarkets. These apples can certainly end up helping you to live a longer and also healthier life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tonkatsu or katsu curry recipe. You can cook tonkatsu or katsu curry using 21 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry:
- Prepare Sushi rice:
- Prepare 2-3 cups rice (use more or less)
- Provide For the breaded meat:
- Prepare 1 box pork loin (contains about 4-5 pieces) or 2 chicken breasts cut in half longways (to make 4 pieces)
- Take Salt & pepper for seasoning
- Get 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- Use 2 large eggs beaten
- You need 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- Prepare 4-5 cups vegetable oil, for cooking the breaded meat
- Provide For the vegetables:
- Provide 2 carrots, sliced into rounds
- Prepare 1 medium onion, chopped into quarter slices
- Get 6 button mushrooms cut in half
- Take 1 broccoli florets, sliced in half or use mangetout sliced in half
- Prepare 5 small Maris Piper potatoes, sliced in half
- Get For the curry sauce:
- You need 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Provide 5 cups boiled water (from kettle)
- Prepare 1 block Japanese curry sauce (S&B Golden Curry Mix)
- Use For garnish:
- Get 1 tablespoon black or white sesame seeds, sprinkle over rice (optional)
Steps to make Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry:
- Add the rice to the rice cooker. Wash and rinse it a few times until it is no longer cloudy. Cook the rice and leave it there until ready for serving.
- Peel and slice carrots into rounds 0.5cm. Peel the onions and cut into quarter slices. Cut the mushrooms and broccoli florets in half. Slice the potatoes into quarters and set the vegetables aside.
- Boil about 5 cups of water in a kettle to save time. On medium heat, in a medium sized sauce pan place the carrots and potatoes. Add the hot water enough to cover the vegetables and cook until soft. In a colander drain the vegetables and set the carrots and potatoes aside.
- On medium heat, add oil in a wok and let it heat up for about a minute. Place onions in wok and sauté the onions until it becomes translucent, then add the carrots and potatoes and stir. Cook it for about a minute. Now add broccoli or mangetout and mushrooms and then the hot water (from kettle) enough to cover the vegetables. Let it cook for another 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the block of the curry sauce (add more or less depending on preference). Let it simmer gently, turning down the heat to low for 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally from time to time to prevent sauce and vegetables from sticking and burning. Then turn off heat and set aside.
- In the meantime as the curry cooks, prepare the pork by pounding each lion piece one by one until 0.5cm thick. Season with salt & pepper (add as much or little as you like).
- In two separate baking trays place the flour in one (season with a small amount of pepper & salt - optional) and in the other the panko breadcrumbs. In a bowl gently beat the eggs.
- Take a piece of pork lion (I used pork) or chicken breast and fully coat it all over in the flour on both sides. Dip into the egg and let any excess egg drip back into the bowl. Then place the pork in the panko breadcrumbs and cover the meat with it on both sides (including the edges). Place this on a large baking tray. Repeat the steps until all the pork has been used and set aside.
- In a wok or large pot add oil for shallow frying the breaded pork. On medium heat let the oil heat up. Drop a piece of panko breadcrumb into the oil. If it sizzles then the oil is ready. Place a piece of breaded meat into the wok. Let one side turn slightly golden brown before turning. Once brown turn over. Turn once more.
- When golden brown transfer onto kitchen paper placed on top of a plate or tray to allow the excess oil to drain. Repeat the process until all meat has been used.
- Place one breaded pork or chicken piece onto a chopping board. Cut into several slices (place remaining cooked meat in oven, on low temperature to keep warm) or leave whole. On a serving plate, add the rice, place the sliced meat next to it. Then ladle the curry sauce either on the side or on top of meat and rice (add as much or little as you wish). Garnish with sesame seeds (optional).
If you find this Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.