Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Masoor Dal Tadka (Tempered Red Lentil Curry) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Masoor Dal Tadka (Tempered Red Lentil Curry) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Nutritious Fast Food.
Almost each and every “get healthy” and “weight loss” article you study will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. There’s some benefit to that. Occasionally, though, the last thing you want is to have to make meals from scratch. Sometimes almost all you really want is to go to the drive through and get home as quickly as possible. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be permitted to do this and not be plagued by guilt about slipping on your diet. This is possible because lots of the popular fast food destinations are trying to make their menus healthier now. Here’s how it is possible to eat healthfully when you’re at a fast food restaurant.
Choose your drive through according to if it has healthier options available. Arby’s as an example, is void of burgers. You can have roast beef sandwiches, wraps and salads as a substitute. Wendy’s, of course, is known for its square burgers, nevertheless the menu there has a bundle of healthful choices like salad, potatoes and chili. Not every little thing is McDonalds with its deep fried chicken parts and also other terribly bad items.
Basic sense states that the proper way to lose fat and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet altogether. While, for the most part, this is a good plan, if you make sensible choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Often the thing you need most is just to have another person do the cooking. There isn’t any reason to feel terrible about visiting the drive through when you make healthy decisions!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to masoor dal tadka (tempered red lentil curry) recipe. You can have masoor dal tadka (tempered red lentil curry) using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Masoor Dal Tadka (Tempered Red Lentil Curry):
- Use 1⁄2 cup masoor dal (red lentils), soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Prepare 2 tbs oil
- Take 1 onion, chopped
- Provide 1 tbsp. ginger-garlic paste
- You need 1 tomato, chopped
- Take 1⁄2 tsp. turmeric powder
- Use to taste salt
- Take 1 tsp. cumin powder
- Get 1 tsp. coriander powder
- You need 1⁄2 tsp. garam masala powder
- Prepare 1 tsp. panch phoron / cumin seeds
- You need 1 tsp. garlic, chopped
- You need 1 tsp. red chilli powder
- Use 1 tbsp. coriander leaves
Instructions to make Masoor Dal Tadka (Tempered Red Lentil Curry):
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil and fry the onions till light brown. Add the ginger-garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Then add the tomatoes and all the dry spices.
- Sprinkle some water & continue to fry on a medium flame till it is mashed.
- Add the soaked dal and saute for a minute.
- Add 1 1⁄2 cups water & pressure cook for 10 minutes on a medium flame after the first whistle.
- Heat the remaining oil and temper with panch phoron. After it stops - spluttering, add the garlic and fry till it changes colour. Switch off the - flame and add the red chilli powder.
- Mix well and pour this tempering on the boiled dal. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rice or chapattis.
If you find this Masoor Dal Tadka (Tempered Red Lentil Curry) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.