Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Prawn Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Prawn Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Prawn Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every single article about weight loss and getting healthy informs readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague as well as to perform all of their own cooking. This is certainly good advice. From time to time, though, you totally do not want to make an entire meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes you just want to reach the drive through on the way home and call it a day. There is simply no reason you shouldn’t be able to do that once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. You are capable of doing this because most of the popular joints are now promoting “healthy” menu alternatives to keep their businesses up. Here is how one can find healthy food at the drive through.
Visit a drive through in a place which has made it a practice to supply healthier options to people. Arby’s for example, does not offer burgers. You could consume roast beef sandwiches, wraps and salads as a substitute. Wendy’s, while no stranger to the hamburger, likewise includes plenty of alternative meal choices: large salads, large baked potatoes and other tasty items fill its menu. Not everything is McDonalds with its deep fried chicken parts and other terribly bad items.
Logic claims that one of the best ways to stay healthy and balanced is to sidestep the drive through and never eat fast food. While this is usually a good idea all you need to do is make a number of good choices and traveling to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Occasionally, letting someone else cook dinner is just what you need. If you ultimately choose healthy things, the shame usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to prawn curry recipe. You can cook prawn curry using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Prawn Curry:
- You need 20 Jumbo Prawns or Shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- Get Enough water to soak the prawns completely
- Prepare 8 –10 dried Kashmiri Red Chillies
- You need 6 Garlic Cloves
- Prepare 1 teaspoon whole Peppercorns
- Use 1 tablespoon whole Coriander Seeds
- Prepare 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- Use 1 small knob of Tamarind (1 teaspoon Tamarind Paste)
- Provide 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- You need 1⁄2 cup grated Coconut
- You need 1 cup Coconut Milk
- Provide for the curry
- You need 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- Prepare 1 tablespoon finely minced Ginger
- Prepare 1⁄2 cup finely chopped Onions
- You need 1⁄2 cup finely chopped Tomatoes
- Provide to taste Salt
- You need 8 –10 Curry Leaves
Instructions to make Prawn Curry:
- Start by defrosting prawns. Transfer prawns to a bowl and add enough cold water to soak them properly for 15 minutes. Before using, wash the prawns once or twice in running water and add them to the curry.
- Grind all the ingredients mentioned under ground masala to a smooth paste and set aside
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and add ginger and onions. Saute the onions till they are a light golden brown and add tomatoes. Cook the tomatoes for 5-7 minutes till they break down easily with the back of a spoon.
- Add the ground masala and salt to the pan and bring it to a boil. Reduce the flame and simmer the masala for 10-15 minutes till the colour deepens slightly. Add the defrosted (drain the water) prawns to the gravy and cook them for 7-8 minutes. Sprinkle curry leaves on top, mix well and switch off the flame. Let the curry rest for 5 minutes before serving with steamed rice.
If you find this Prawn Curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.