Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Prawns Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Prawns Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Nutritious Fast Food.
Almost every single article about weight loss and getting healthy tells readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and to carry out all of their own cooking. This is literally very true. But occasionally the last thing you would like to do is prepare a whole dinner for yourself and your family. Sometimes you just would like to go to the drive through along the way home and call it a day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be authorized to do this and not be tormented by shame about slipping on your diet. You are able to do this because most of the popular joints are now advertising “healthy” menu selections to keep their businesses up. Here is how you can find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Aim for the side dishes. It wasn’t that long ago that all you could get in a fast food restaurant was French Fries. Now virtually all of the well-known fast food places have expanded their menus. Now you can find a range of salads. You can also pick out Chili. Baked potatoes can even be ordered. You can pick fruit. There are a lot of possibilities that you can choose that do not force you to eat foods that have been deep fried. Instead of the pre-determined “meal deals” make an effort to build a meal out of side dishes. When you are doing this you can keep your fat content as well as your calorie counts low.
Simple reason states that the proper way to lose pounds and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet entirely. While, for the most part, this is a good plan, if you make sensible choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. At times what you need most is just to have somebody else do the cooking. If you ultimately choose healthy items, the guilt usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to prawns curry recipe. To make prawns curry you only need 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Prawns Curry:
- Get For Marinating Prawns:
- Prepare 20-25 Jumbo Prawns
- You need 1 Juice of Lemon
- Provide 1⁄2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Provide 1⁄2 tsp Salt
- Prepare For Making Gravy:
- Provide 1⁄2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- Get 4 Pearl Onions (Sliced)
- You need 3 Green Chillies (Cut into Half)
- Provide 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- Use 1-1⁄2 Inch Ginger (Chopped)
- Get 4 Cloves Garlic (Chopped)
- Use 2 tbsps Ginger-Garlic Paste
- Get 2-3 Pieces Fish Tamarind
- Take Spice Powders:
- Get 1 tbsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- Prepare 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Get 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- Get 1⁄2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Prepare 1⁄4 tsp Methi Powder
- You need as per taste Salt
- Take 3 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Take as required Hot Water
Instructions to make Prawns Curry:
- Firstly, For Marinating Prawns: Clean and de-vein the prawns. Wash nicely and allow to drain. Marinate the prawns with lemon juice, turmeric powder and salt for at least 15-20 minutes or best overnight.
- Heat oil in a vessel. Add mustard seeds and allow it to crackle. Chop and keep the ingredients ready.
- Add chopped garlic and saute for a minute. Add chopped ginger and saute for a minute. Add the onions and green chillies. (Didn't have curry leaves). You can add it at this stage. Curry leaves increases the flavor of this curry).
- Saute till the onions are translucent. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute till the raw smell leaves.
- Add the marinated prawns and saute till for few minutes till the prawns get coated with the cooked paste.
- Add the spice powders and salt and saute it well. Be cautious while adding salt because salt is already added while marinating the prawns.
- Add hot water and fish tamarind and cover and cook for about 12 to 15 minutes or until the prawns are done and gravy turns thick. Add 1 tsp coconut oil and few curry leaves and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Serve this delicious prawns curry with steamed rice or roti/paratha and fish fry. You can also serve this curry with idli/dosa.
If you find this Prawns Curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.