Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Curry Chicken - Caribbean Style recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Curry Chicken - Caribbean Style recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Exactly Why Are Apples So Fantastic For Your Health.
On TV plus in magazines absolutely everyone is telling you to eat an apple a day, however, have you ever asked yourself why? You might know individuals that live by this and also require that their children live by this guideline as well. This specific thought can be identified in country’s all around the world and people follow it as gospel with out ever finding out why they should eat an apple a day. You will be happy to know that we have completed a little research, and we are going to teach you why this is considered a miracle fruit.
You’ve always been told to make sure that you are eating your fruits and vegetables so you get your vitamins, but apples have always been at the top of the list. Well lets check out the vitamins and minerals that you can acquire in just one apple. A number of the major minerals that you will find in apples are potassium, calcium, phosphorus, manganese, iron, sodium, copper and zinc, and also other trace minerals. Of course vitamins are additionally extremely important for your health and you will find vitamin B1, niacin, vitamin B6 and many more that promote health.
And now you know why people tell you that you need to eat an apple every day. One thing you should understand is that we only mentioned a portion of the benefits of eating apples. In the event you look and ask around, you are going to come to see that the benefits can seem to be limitless. So do yourself a favor and purchase some apples the very next time you go to the store. You will see that your overall health could greatly be benefited by consuming apples.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to curry chicken - caribbean style recipe. To make curry chicken - caribbean style you only need 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Curry Chicken - Caribbean Style:
- Prepare 4 lbs chicken (thighs and legs skin off)
- Use 4 medium size potatoes roughly chopped
- Get 3-4 tbsp veggie oil
- Get 1⁄2 c water
- You need 2 tsp salt
- You need 2 tsp black pepper
- You need 2 garlic cloves diced
- Provide 1 medium onion (diced)
- Use 1 large tomato
- Prepare 3 scallions chopped
- Use 3 sticks fresh thyme
- Get 4 tbsp ketchup
- You need 3 tbsp Amchar Massala (I use Chief brand)
- Get 4 tbsp curry powder (I use Blue Mountain Jamaican Hot)
- Take 1 scotch bonnet (a.ka. Jamaican Pepper)
Steps to make Curry Chicken - Caribbean Style:
- In a large mixing bowl combine your chicken, 1⁄2 your chopped onion, fresh thyme, chopped scallions, salt, pepper, tomato, ketchup, amchar massala and your chopped up scotch bonnet.
- Mix ingredients in the bowl by hand thoroughly and then cover. Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours and let marinate.
- Place your large Dutch pot on the stove and turn heat on high and let pot hot.
- Lower the heat to medium and add your veggie oil and the rest of the onion and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes (be careful not to let your garlic burn)
- Add your curry powder and stir for an additional 3 minutes to cook the raw curry taste.
- Add 1⁄4 cup of water and continue to stir. - - You should notice that the liquid in the pot is cooked off and the curry is forming somewhat like a paste.
- Begin adding your marinated chicken. Turn the heat up to medium high.
- Stir the chicken to coat the pieces with the curry.
- Place the lid on the pot for about 15-20 minutes. About 8 minutes in, check and stir the chicken. Recover with lid and let cook for the remainder 15-20 minutes.
- After the 15-20 minutes add your potatoes and the rest of the water. Turn your heat up to high and bring to a boil. Place the lid half way on to cook off some of the liquid.
- Chicken curry is done when meat begins to fall off the bone and a nice gravey forms. - - Note - you can add more water if needed for gravey.
- Serve with a side of rice and a wedge cornbread. Enjoy……
If you find this Curry Chicken - Caribbean Style recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.