Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Malabar Prawns Curry in Roasted Coconut Gravy recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Malabar Prawns Curry in Roasted Coconut Gravy recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Malabar Prawns Curry in Roasted Coconut Gravy recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are Several Simple Reasons Why Consuming Apples Is Good.
Everyone has heard the words “an apple a day will keep the doctor away”, but the question is, is this actually a true statement. Many individuals have lived with this philosophy for many years, and they additionally pass this on to their children. This idea is known all over the world and individuals just take it as fact without knowing if this is in fact true. In our research we have discovered why you are told to eat an apple a day and we will be discussing that with you here.
More than likely you’ve heard of Cornell University, well these people did their own study on how apples may benefit an individuals brain. These studies revealed that the ingredients in apples have the ability to help keep your brain cells from deteriorating as we age. Meaning that by eating apples you are able to reduce the risk of getting Alzheimer’s.
And now you recognize why people tell you that you need to eat an apple every day. The advantages we covered are only a couple of of the benefits that eating apples can provide. You’ll be able to locate many more benefits regarding your health in relation to apples. When you go shopping again, be sure to buy some apples, their in the produce department. These apples could wind up helping you to live a longer as well as healthier life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to malabar prawns curry in roasted coconut gravy recipe. You can have malabar prawns curry in roasted coconut gravy using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Malabar Prawns Curry in Roasted Coconut Gravy:
- You need 1⁄2 kg prawns
- Provide 3⁄4 cup grated coconut
- Prepare 4+ 2 Shallots
- Take 1⁄2 tsp fennel seeds
- Provide 1 tomato
- Use 3⁄4 malabar tamarind (raw /dried)
- Provide 2-3 sprig Curry leaves
- You need 2 tsp coriander powder
- Provide 1&1⁄2 tsp &1⁄2 tsp chillipowder
- Take 1⁄2 tsp turmeric powder
- Take 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Use to taste Salt
Steps to make Malabar Prawns Curry in Roasted Coconut Gravy:
- In a pan roast the coconut, when the coconut turns light brown in colour add fennel seeds and 4 finely chopped shallots and roast again when aroma comes add coriander powder, Chilli powder and roast well. When the coconut is well roasted switch off flame and add turmeric powder and keep to cool.
- In a blender blend roasted coconut with 1-2 cups of water at batches. Blend to a smooth gravy.
- Pour the gravy to a clay pot or any cooking vessel. (fish curry is usually cooked in clay pots in kerala)
- Keep the pot on stove in medium heat. Add salt to taste and roughly chopped tomatoes. Beware of overspilling when the gravy boils, so keep stirring.
- When the gravy boils add prawns, malabar tamarind (i am using raw) and some curry leaves and cook well. Instead of malabar tamarind you can use normal tamarind pulp or raw mango.
- Cook until the the oil from the coconut turns and is seen on top.
- On another pan prepare the seasoning. Heat a pan pour 1 tablespoon coconut oil and add 2 finely chopped shallots and curry leaves. Fry until shallots turn brown. Pour the fried shallot along with the oil to the gravy.
- Prawns curry is ready to serve.
If you find this Malabar Prawns Curry in Roasted Coconut Gravy recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.