Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Chana Dal Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chana Dal Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every single article about weight loss and getting healthy tells readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and that they need to perform all of their own cooking. This is really very good guidance. Once in a while, though, you definitely do not want to make a full meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes you just would like to reach the drive through en route to your home and call it a day. Why shouldn’t you have the ability to do this every now and then and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet? You can do this because many of the popular joints are now marketing “healthy” menu selections to keep their businesses up. Here is the way to find appropriate food choices at the drive through.
Aim toward the side dishes. Not so long ago, the only real side dish item at a fast food restaurant was French fries. Today the vast majority of the most popular fast food franchises have amplified their choices. There are many salads available these days. You might get chili. Baked potatoes can even be bought. Fruit is normally available. There are a lot of alternatives that don’t include eating one thing deep fried. When you buy your supper through a drive through window, choose side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. This helps you keep your calorie count low and reduce your fat intake.
Traditional logic tells us that one certain way to get healthy and lose fat is to by pass the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While this is usually a good suggestion all you need to do is make a number of good decisions and going to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Sometimes the best thing is to let someone else produce your dinner. When you select wholesome menu items, you do not have to feel terrible about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chana dal curry recipe. To cook chana dal curry you need 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chana Dal Curry:
- Take 1⁄2 cup chana dal (bengal gram)
- You need 1 1⁄2 cup water
- You need 1 boiled potato cut into chunks(optional)
- You need 2 tbsp oil
- You need 1⁄2 tsp cumin seeds
- Take 1 onion chopped
- Provide 1 green chilli chopped
- Use 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- You need 1 tomato chopped
- Get 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- You need To taste salt
- Use 1⁄4 tsp turmeric powder
- Take 1⁄2 tsp red chilli powder
- Get 1⁄2 tsp cumin powder
- You need 1⁄2 tsp coriander powder
- Get 1⁄2 tsp garam masala powder
Steps to make Chana Dal Curry:
- Wash chana dal well and soak in water for 1-2 hours.
- Drain the water and transfer the chana dal to a pressure cooker with 1 1⁄2 cups of normal water and a pinch of salt. Pressure cook it for 3-4 whistles. When the pressure releases, open the lid.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds. When they splutter add chopped onion and chopped green chilli. Saute until onion turns lightly golden. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute till the raw smell disappears. Next add chopped tomato, salt and chopped coriander leaves. Fry until tomato turns soft. Then add turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and saute till oil separates.
- Now add the boiled chana dal with the leftover stock or water in the cooker. Add the boiled potato and mix everything well. If needed add little water to bring it to the desired consistency
- Lightly mash the dal with the ladle to get a thick consistency. Cook until the dal begins to bubble well. Then lower the heat and add garam masala powder. Cover and switch off the flame.
- Serve the chana dal curry hot garnished with onion rings and coriander leaves. This goes well with roti, phulka or rice.
If you find this Chana Dal Curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.