Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Bengali Style Prawn Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Bengali Style Prawn Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Bengali Style Prawn Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Exactly Why Are Apples So Beneficial With Regard To Your Health.
More than likely you’ve heard that you should be eating an apple a day but did you ever ask yourself why this is important? This is a thing that many people live by and they also ensure their children are eating at least one apple a day. You will even find that individuals in other country’s also stick to this simple rule and they do not know why. You will be happy to know that we have carried out a little research, and we are going to teach you why this is thought to be a miracle fruit.
Additionally, you will be able to possess a much healthier heart by eating apples. Most of the things you find in apples, and yes this involves dietary fiber, can in fact help to provide you with a healthy heart. You might also be surprised to learn that another way apples will help your heart is by lowering cholesterol. The one thing you should realize is that many of the ingredients for a healthy heart are located in the skin of the apple. And your best choice is to come across a local farm that grows only organic apples and make sure you eat the skin also so you can get the most benefits of the apple.
And now you understand why men and women tell you that you should eat an apple every day. Something you should realize is that we only discussed some of the benefits of eating apples. It is possible to discover many more benefits for your health when it comes to apples. I am hoping that the next time you go to the supermarket you wind up getting plenty of apples. These apples can certainly end up helping you to live a longer as well as healthier life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to bengali style prawn curry recipe. To cook bengali style prawn curry you need 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Bengali Style Prawn Curry:
- Use 6 tiger prawns
- Get 3 potatoes cut into two halves
- Use 1 medium sized onion chopped
- Use 1 medium sized onion paste
- You need 1 medium sized tomato puree
- Take 2 cloves
- Provide 2 green cardamom
- Take 1 inch cinnamon stick
- Prepare 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Get 1.5 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Get 2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Get 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- Prepare 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- Prepare 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- Use Salt as required
- You need Sugar as required
- Get 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves chopped
- Prepare Mustard oil as required
- Use 1 teaspoon ghee
Steps to make Bengali Style Prawn Curry:
- Heat some oil in a wok, and add the potatoes, half teaspoon of turmeric and salt. Deep fry the potatoes till golden brown. Keep it aside.
- Add 1⁄2 teaspoon of turmeric powder and salt with the prawns and fry them in the same wok. Don't overcook it else the prawns will become hard and chewy. Keep them aside.
- Add some more oil in the wok if required. Add the cloves, cardamom and cinnamon stick. Saute till the aroma comes out.
- Add the chopped onions and fry them till light brown in colour. Add the tomato puree, rest of the turmeric powder onion paste, ginger paste, garlic paste, cumin powder, red chilli powder and a pinch ofsalt. Saute it very well till the oil separates.
- Add the fried prawn and potatoes and mix it well altogether.
- Add some water for the gravy and bring it to boil. Add some salt for the gravy. Cover it with a lid.
- Simmer the flame to medium and keep it covered for 15minutes. Check whether the potatoes and prawn has become soft. If yes, add some sugar to balance the salt.
- Add the garam masala powder and ghee.
- Mix them well and also add the coriander leaves.
- Remove it from the flame and serve hot.
If you find this Bengali Style Prawn Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.