Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Moong Dal curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Moong Dal curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Moong Dal curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are A Few Basic Reasons Why Eating Apples Is Good.
More than likely you have heard that you should be eating an apple a day but did you ever wonder why this is important? Many people have lived with this philosophy for many years, and they in addition pass this on to their children. This idea is known all over the world and people just take it as fact without knowing if this is in fact true. In our research we have discovered why you are told to eat an apple a day and we will be discussing that with you here.
So what can all these vitamins and minerals do for the actual overall health of your system. As I am certain you know, research is being done all the time and there have been studies that have been done that indicate that apples can reduce some cancer risks. And on the particular list of cancers in which apples can help defend against is colon cancer and even lung cancer. I don’t know about you however, when I read that I went out and bought an entire bag of apples.
And now you recognize why individuals tell you that you need to eat an apple every day. The one thing you should recognize is that we only covered a portion of the benefits of eating apples. It is possible to discover many more benefits with regard to your health when it comes to apples. So do yourself a favor and pick up some apples when you go to the store. These apples can lead to helping you to live a longer as well as healthier life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to moong dal curry recipe. You can have moong dal curry using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Moong Dal curry:
- Provide 3⁄4 cup Yellow moong dal
- Prepare 1 Tomato
- Take 1 Green chilli
- Provide 1⁄2 tsp Garlic paste
- Take 1⁄2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Prepare leaves Few Chopped coriander
- Get As per taste Salt
- You need As per taste Chilli powder
- Use 1⁄2 tsp Jeera
- Use 1 pinch Asafoetida
- Provide 1⁄2 tsp Dhaniya jeera powder
- Prepare 3 tbsp Oil
Instructions to make Moong Dal curry:
- Wash and soak mung Dal at least for an hour. Discard water at the time of cooking. Chop tomato finely. Cut chilli.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add jeera and wait till it turns light brown. Then add green chilli, garlic paste, turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Add 3 glasses water right away. Add salt and dhaniya jeera powder. Wait till the water boils. Add Dal, cover and cook on low heat.
- Add tomatoes when Dal is almost cooked. Cover and cook for another one minute or two until the tomatoes are soft. You may want to leave the pan uncovered while cooking tomatoes if the curry is too watery. But do not overcook the Dal because if it gets too mushy, it will turn into Dal to eat with rice. Garnish dal with coriander leaves.
- Serve Dal with onion (thin slices of onion sprinkled with few coriendar leaves, salt, chilli powder and a few drops of lemon) and bhakhri/roti. Squeeze some lemon juice if you want to enhance it's taste further.
If you find this Moong Dal curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.