Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Trinidad inspired vegetarian roti recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Trinidad inspired vegetarian roti recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Apples Can Certainly Have Enormous Benefits For Your Health.
I am sure you have heard that you should be eating an apple a day but did you ever wonder why this is important? This is something which many individuals live by and they also make sure their children are eating at least one apple a day. This specific thought can be identified in country’s all around the world and men and women follow it as gospel with out ever learning why they should eat an apple a day. In our research we have found out why you are told to eat an apple a day and we will be discussing that with you here.
Cornell University had a study on the effect apples have on the brain. While performing their study they learned that, quercetin, which is located in apples assists in maintaining healthier brain cells. And because of this you will see that apples can actually help people prevent the symptoms of Alzheimer’s.
To conclude, I guess an apple a day really can keep the doctor away and now you understand why. The huge benefits we covered are only a few of the benefits that eating apples can offer. You will be able to discover many more benefits regarding your health when it comes to apples. So do yourself a favor and grab some apples the very next time you go to the store. These apples can certainly lead to helping you to live a longer and healthier life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to trinidad inspired vegetarian roti recipe. To cook trinidad inspired vegetarian roti you only need 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Trinidad inspired vegetarian roti:
- Prepare coconut oil
- Get small red onion, thickly sliced
- Get thumb fresh ginger, grated
- Use small cauliflower head, in small florets
- You need green beans, cut in 1" pieces
- Use fresh ground black pepper
- Provide mango curry sauce (I've used VH brand)
- Use hot sauce (I've used Heartbraking Dawns "Cauterizer")
- Provide Hot water
- Get chickpeas, rinced
- Use fresh cilantro leafs
- Prepare whole wheat large tortillas
Steps to make Trinidad inspired vegetarian roti:
- In a deep sauce pan, heat up the oil at medium/high and stir in the onion and the ginger for a couple of minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, add in the veggies, fresh ground black pepper and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stiring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low, add in the sauce and stir well.
- Rinse the sauce jar with hot water, filling it by half and shaking it. Pour water in pan and stir well.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stiring often.
- Add in the hot sauce, chickpeas and cilantro leafs, mix well and warm up covered for another 15 minutes.
- Put mixture in the center of the tortillas, making a square shape, leaving plenty of tortillas all around.
- Fold all four sides of the tortillas, making a sealed enveloppe.
- Grill the pouches in non-stick pan on both sides till they get golden brown and crispy. You don't need to add any oil or grease to the pan to achieve this.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
If you find this Trinidad inspired vegetarian roti recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.