Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Massaman Beef Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Massaman Beef Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every single article about reducing your weight and getting healthy informs readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and to do all of their own cooking. There’s some benefit to this. But sometimes the last thing you want to do is put together a whole meal for yourself and your family. Sometimes you just wish to hit the drive through along the way home and call it a day. Why shouldn’t you have the ability to do this from time to time and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet program? You are able to do this because most of the popular joints are now advertising “healthy” menu selections to keep their businesses up. Here is how to eat healthfully when you reach the drive through.
Choose a drive through for a restaurant that’s known for catering to people with healthier palates. Arby’s for example, doesn’t serve burgers. Instead, your choices consist of roast beef and chicken sandwiches, wraps and big salads. While Wendy’s has made hamburgers for decades, additionally they have plenty of other healthy options like salads, baked potatoes and chili. Not every little thing is McDonalds using its deep fried chicken parts and other terribly bad items.
Logic states that that one the easiest way to stay healthy is to bypass the drive through and never eat fast food. Most of the time this is a good concept but if you make beneficial choices, there’s no reason you can’t visit your drive through from time to time. Often what you require most is just to have someone else do the cooking. When you choose wholesome menu items, you do not have to feel guilty about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to massaman beef curry recipe. To make massaman beef curry you need 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Massaman Beef Curry:
- Use 1 pack (250 g) cubed chuck beef or stewing beef cut into long strips
- You need 3 tablespoons Massaman curry paste
- Use 4-5 shallots, peeled
- Prepare 1 onion chopped in big chunks
- You need 1 can coconut milk
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp fish sauce
- Prepare 2-3 grated palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- Get 2 tbsp tamarind
- Use 1 medium-sized potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- Get 4-5 tablespoons unsalted roasted peanuts (can use cashew nut if prefer)
- Provide 2 star anise
Steps to make Massaman Beef Curry:
- In a big saucepan, add about 2-3 tbsp coconut milk (use the thick part) and wait until coconut milk start bubbling. Add beef in and stir for 2-3 min.
- Add star anise and Massaman curry in and mix in well.
- Add onion, in and leave it to cook for about 30 min then add potato and the rest of your coconut milk in.
- Seasoning with fishsauce, palm sugar, tamarind. Give it a taste it should be sweet, salty and a little sour and nutty. Add some cashew nuts or peanuts and stir well. Leave it to cook for about another 25 min or until potatoes cooked. Add a little bit of water if needed too.
- Perfectly serve with thai jasmine rice.
- For oven braised method: Coat beef in 1 tablespoon of oil, star anise and massaman curry paste, mix well. You can braise your beef in the oven for about an hour. Once your beef in oven for 45 min - an hour put coconut milk in saucepan, then curry paste and mix well then add your beef that have been braised in the oven in the. Add onion, fishsauce, tamarind paste, palm sugar and the rest of coconut milk in. Mix well.
If you find this Massaman Beef Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.