Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Goan prawn curry (Ambot tik) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Goan prawn curry (Ambot tik) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Good For You.
Almost every single article about losing weight and getting healthy explains readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague as well as to do all of their own cooking. There’s some benefit to this. From time to time, though, you absolutely do not need to make an entire meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes just about all you want is to go to the drive through and get home as soon as possible. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to do this and not be plagued by shame about slipping on your diet. This is possible because lots of the popular fast food destinations are attempting to make their menus better now. Here’s how you’ll be able to eat healthfully while you are at a fast food spot.
Your drink should be water or juice or milk. Drinking a large soft drink allows hundreds of empty fat laden calories into your diet. One portion of pop is eight oz.. That portion normally is made up of at the very least a hundred calories and more than a few tablespoons of sugar. A fast food soft drink is frequently at the very least twenty ounces. It is frequently a minimum of 30 ounces. Choosing a soda pop as your beverage raises your calorie intake by thousands and adds way too much sugar to your diet. Water, fruit juice and milk, on the other hand, are better choices.
Logic says that one the easiest way to stay healthy is to bypass the drive through and never eat fast food. While this is usually recommended all you need to do is make a few good selections and traveling to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. At times what you need most is just to have someone else do the cooking. When you choose healthful menu items, you do not have to feel bad about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to goan prawn curry (ambot tik) recipe. To cook goan prawn curry (ambot tik) you only need 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Goan prawn curry (Ambot tik):
- Provide 250 gms Prawns fresh or frozen
- Take 1⁄4 cup coconut grated
- Prepare 1 cup coconut milk (1st extract)
- You need 8-10 Kashmiri red chillies
- Take 1 tbsp pepper corn
- You need 1 tbsp Cumin
- You need 1 tbsp Coriander
- Take 1⁄2 tsp turmeric
- Use 6-7 cloves garlic
- Provide 4 tbsp refined oil. You can also use coconut oil if you prefer
- Provide 1⁄2 inch grated ginger
- Use Bunch curry leaves
- You need Ball sized tamarind
- Get 1⁄2 cup chopped onions
- You need 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- Provide to taste Salt
Instructions to make Goan prawn curry (Ambot tik):
- Wash and clean the prawns. If using frozen ones, then soak the prawns in water for about 15 mins, to defrost. Then wash them at least once or twice. Keep aside
- In a blender, add coconut, Kashmiri red chilli, peppercorns, cumin, coriander, turmeric, tamarind, garlic, coconut milk and blend into a smooth paste.
- Add 4 tbsps of oil to a pan, once heated add in the curry leaves. Chopped onions, ginger and sauté over medium heat, until the onions turn translucent.
- Then add in the chopped tomatoes and salt. Sauté until the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Then add the masala paste and fry it, till the raw smell goes off and the oil starts leaving the sides.
- In goes the cleaned prawns. Add a lil water and let it cook on sim, till the prawns are cooked. Prawns takes very little time to cook, max 5 mins. Once they curl inwards, they are cooked.
- Serve with hot steamed rice and you have one soul satisfying meal on your plate.
If you find this Goan prawn curry (Ambot tik) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.