Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Rajma Masala Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Rajma Masala Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every single article about reducing your weight and getting healthy tells readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and to carry out all of their own cooking. This is actually good advice. But sometimes the last thing you wish to do is make a whole dinner for yourself and your family. Sometimes just about all you really want is to go to the drive through and get home as quickly as possible. Why shouldn’t you have the ability to do this every now and then and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet regime? This is because a lot of the popular fast food restaurants around are trying to “healthy up” their selections. Here is the way to find appropriate food choices at the drive through.
Go for the side dishes. It wasn’t so long ago that French Fries were your only side dish option at a restaurant. Now more or less all of the well-known fast food places have widened their menus. There are plenty of salads out there these days. Chili is another choice. You may get a baked potato. You can pick fruit. There are a lot of possibilities that don’t involve eating one thing deep fried. Instead of the pre-determined “meal deals” aim to build a meal out of side dishes. You’ll maintain your calorie and fatty food count low and save yourself dedication.
Logic states that that one the simplest way to stay healthy and balanced is to avoid the drive through and never eat fast food. While this is usually a good idea all you need to do is make a number of good choices and going to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Once in a while, letting someone else cook dinner is just the thing you need. If you choose healthy things, the guilt usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to rajma masala curry recipe. To cook rajma masala curry you need 31 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Rajma Masala Curry:
- Get To pressure cook
- Take kidney beans
- Get raw beans,
- Prepare soaked in water
- Take water 28 oz
- Prepare For boil Rajma
- Use Baking soda
- Prepare Salt
- You need Turmeric powder
- Prepare Bay leaf
- You need Green Cardamom
- Get Cinnamon
- Prepare For the masala
- Use oil 60 ml, use oil of choice
- Provide Ghee
- Provide cumin seeds
- Take grated onion from 2 medium red onion, around 320 grams
- You need ginger-garlic paste
- Provide green chili chopped
- You need medium tomatoes pureed, around 250 grams
- Take garam masala
- You need kashmiri red chili powder
- Prepare salt or
- You need water 12 oz, divided
- Prepare kasuri methi crushed, dried fenugreek leaves
- Provide Black pepper
- Take Red chilli
- Take Rosted cumin powder
- Prepare Heeng
- Take Coriander leaf
- Take Butter
Instructions to make Rajma Masala Curry:
- Soak kidney beans overnight in 4 cups water. In the morning, drain the water in which the beans were soaked and then transfer them to a pressure cooker.
- Add 2 glass water, Rajma, Turmericpowder, salt to taste, bay leaf, clove, and pressure cook on high heat for 1 whistle, then lower the heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally. If using an Instant Pot, pressure cook for around 45 minutes at high pressure with natural pressure release. - - Beans should be comple
- To a pan, add 2 tablespoons ghee and 4 tbsp oil on medium heat. Once hot, add the cumin seeds, 1 pinch hing and let them sizzle. - - Then add the grated onions and mix.
- Cook the onions for around 7 to 8 minutes, stirring often until very light golden in color and there should be no raw smell. Compared to chopped onions, (if using chopped, cook for 3-4 minutes only) the grated ones needs to be cooked for a longer time to get rid of the raw smell. Don't rush the step else curry will have raw onion taste.
- Then add ginger-garlic paste and green chili and cook for 1 minute. - - Add the pureed tomatoes and mix. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add the powder spices- coriander, turmeric, kashmiri red chili, garam masala and salt. - - Mix and cook on medium-low heat for around 10 mins until oil oozes out of masala. In total we cooked the tomatoes for around 15 minutes before adding the beans (important step, don't rush it).
- Add the boiled beans along with all the water in which they were boiled. I added additional 1 cup water here. Stir well and set heat to low-medium. - - Let the curry simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. In between use a potato masher to mash some of the beans. This makes the curry creamier and thickens it.
- Add the boiled beans along with all the water in which they were boiled. I added additional 1 cup water here. Stir well and set heat to low-medium.
- Let the curry simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. In between use a potato masher to mash some of the beans. This makes the curry creamier and thickens it.
- Finally add a tablespoon of ghee and mix. If you want you can fry some ginger julienne in ghee and then add that to the rajma too. Turn off the heat. Serve rajma with rice and enjoy!
If you find this Rajma Masala Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.