Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Thai Style Red Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Style Red Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthful Fast Food.
Almost every single article about losing weight and getting healthy explains readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and that they need to do all of their own cooking. There’s some benefit to this. From time to time, though, the last thing you choose is to have to cook an evening meal from scratch. Once in a while you just want to pay a visit to the drive through while you are on your way home and finish the day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be authorized to do this and not be suffering from shame about slipping on your diet. This is because most popular fast food restaurants around are trying to “healthy up” their selections. Here is how to eat healthy when you reach the drive through.
Choose your drive through based on whether it has more healthy options available. Arby’s as an example, is void of burgers. Alternatively you’ll be able to pick from roast beef sandwiches, salads, wraps and other healthier items. Wendy’s, although no stranger to the hamburger, likewise includes plenty of alternative meal choices: large salads, large baked potatoes and other tasty items fill its menu. Not all fast food locations are as unhealthy as McDonalds with its deep fried everything.
Simple sense states that the simplest way to lose fat and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet completely. While, in most cases, this is a good plan, if you make intelligent choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Occasionally, allowing someone else cook dinner is just the thing you need. If you decide on healthy products, the guilt usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to thai style red chicken curry recipe. To make thai style red chicken curry you only need 26 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Thai Style Red Chicken Curry:
- Take 500 gms Chicken pieces (I use some boneless and some bone in)
- Provide 1 big Potato
- Get 1 big Carrot
- Use 2 chopped Onion
- Use 4-5 chopped Garlic
- Provide 1 inch chopped Galangal/Ginger
- Prepare 1-2 chopped fresh red Chilli
- Take 1⁄2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Get 1⁄2 teaspoon Cumin powder
- Prepare 1 teaspoon Curry powder/Coriander powder
- Get 400 ml Coconut milk (I used can)
- Get 3 tablespoons Cooking oil
- Use to taste Salt
- Prepare 2 tablespoons red Curry paste
- Use As required Spring onion, Mint leaves to garnish
- You need for Red curry paste–
- You need 1 tablespoon Ginger-Garlic paste
- Provide 2 sticks Lemon grass(if not available add 1 lemon leave)
- Get 5-6 dry red Chillies (soaked for an hour with hot water)
- Take 5-6 stock of Coriander stem (optional, I didn't use)
- Take 1 Zest of Lemon
- Prepare 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- You need 1 teaspoon Salt
- Get 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Prepare 1⁄2 teaspoon Cumin powder
- Take 1⁄2 teaspoon Curry powder/Coriander powder
Steps to make Thai Style Red Chicken Curry:
- Soak 5-6 red chilli in hot water for an hour.
- Chop lemon grass in small pieces. If you don't get them use chopped fresh lemon leave.
- To make curry paste take a grinder jar and add in soaked red chillies, ginger-garlic paste, lemon grass,lemon zest, cumin powder, curry powder/coriander powder, sugar, salt and lemon juice.
- Grind to a smooth paste with little water. Keep aside. If you like you can also add some chopped coriander stem during grinding. I personally don't like it's taste and hence didn't add.
- Take 500 g chicken. I used both bone in and some boneless. You can use only boneless pieces if you like. Chicken with bone gives more flavour to the dish.
- I also used some veggies like potato and carrot. You can skip using them or you can use other veggies also you like. I used carrot as it's sweetness help to balance the pungency of the curry.
- Heat a saucepan with 3 tablespoons of cooking oil. Saute chopped ginger-garlic and red chilli for 15-20 seconds.
- Add in chopped onion and cook until they become soft.
- Now add in prepared red curry paste and stir well to fry for 2 minutes. Your kitchen will fill with aroma of lemon grass.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of water to prevent the spices from burning.
- Add in chicken pieces, stir well to mix.
- Also add in the potato and carrot pieces, cumin powder, curry powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Stir well so that everything incorporates nicely and then add in 2 cups of hot water.
- Cover and cook in medium heat for 30 minutes or until chicken and veggies cook completely.
- Open unshaken can of coconut milk. Spoon out 1 tablespoon of thick coconut cream from the top to garnish.Keep aside.
- When chicken and veggies cook completely, add in the coconut milk to the curry. Keep flame in low heat so that milk doesn't curdle in hot curry.
- Cook the curry in medium heat for further 5 minutes to come to a boil. Adjust seasoning. The taste should be pungent with slight sweetness. Remove from heat.
- Transfer to serving bowl, garnish with coconut cream, spring onion and mint leaves.
- Serve with some thai jesmine rice.
If you find this Thai Style Red Chicken Curry recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.