Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Dal Dhokli recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Dal Dhokli recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Dal Dhokli recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding on Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every “get healthy” and “weight loss” posting you study will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is really very true. But sometimes the last thing you wish to do is put together a whole dinner for yourself and your family. Sometimes just about all you want is to go to the drive through and get home as soon as possible. There is no reason you shouldn’t be able to do that once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This can be done because lots of the popular fast food places are trying to make their menus healthier now. Here is how you can find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Aim at the side dishes. It has not been that long ago that all you could get at a fast food cafe was French Fries. Now many of the fast food selections have been widened considerably. Now plenty of them offer you salads. Chili is definitely another selection. You can get baked potatoes. Fruit is usually obtainable. There are a lot of options that don’t involve eating something deep fried. When choosing your dinner from the drive through, select a variety of side items instead of choosing a pre-made “meal deal”. This helps you keep your calorie count low and lower your fat intake.
Common logic tells us that one positive way to get healthy and lose fat is to by pass the drive through and to remove fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While, usually, this is a good idea, if you make smart choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Sometimes what you require most is just to have somebody else do the cooking. When you choose healthful menu items, you do not have to feel terrible about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to dal dhokli recipe. You can cook dal dhokli using 21 ingredients and 25 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Dal Dhokli:
- Get For dal
- Prepare 1 cup chana dal(you can take any dal)
- Prepare 1⁄2 cup masoor dal
- Provide 1 chopped onion
- Use 2 chopped tomatoes
- You need 1 stem curry leaves
- Prepare 5-6 clove crushed garlic
- You need 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Provide 2 dry red chilli
- You need 1 pinch hing
- You need 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Use 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Use 1⁄2 tsp coriander powder
- Provide 3 tbsp ghee
- Take to taste Salt
- You need For Dhokli
- Get 1⁄2 cup wheat flour
- Use 2 tbsp besan
- Get 1 tsp ghee
- You need 1⁄2 tsp Ajwain
- Take to taste Salt
Steps to make Dal Dhokli:
- Take both dals clean wash thoroughly,soakin water for 1 hour.
- Then cook the dal in pressure cooker.
- After one whistle reduce the flame cook for 2-3 more whistle.
- After 3whistle turn off the flame.
- Take a bowl add wheat flour,Ajwain,besan,ghee and salt.
- Add little water at a time and knead a soft dough for making chapatti.
- Cover the dough and keep it aside 10-25 minutes to rest.
- After 15 mins roll the dough into one big dough ball for making Dhokli.
- Now dust the dough ball with some dry flour.
- Roll the dough thinly same as make chapatti.
- Roll the dough ball and cut the dhoklis into it.
- Take 2cups of water in a pan.
- When water starta to boil place the dhoklis into it.
- Now boil the dhoklis for 10-15 minutes on high flame unti it starts floating on the surface.
- Stir the dhoklis at regular intervals.
- Now prepare the tadka for dal
- Place a pan over the flame andadd 3tbsp ghee over it
- Add cumin seeds,dry red chilli,hing, turmeric, curry leaves,red chilli powder, chopped onion, garlic and coriander powder and chopped tomatoes.
- Saute the masala until oil starts separating from it.
- Now add masala on dal and salt as per taste.
- Now add dhoklis into the dal.
- Cook the dal for 7-8minutes on low flame so that the dhoklis absorbs all the spices.
- After8 minutes turn off the flame.
- Dal dhokli is ready to serve.
- Garnish with some ghee and chopped fresh coriander leaves.
If you find this Dal Dhokli recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.