Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Red Lentil Curry (daal) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Red Lentil Curry (daal) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Red Lentil Curry (daal) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Apples Can Have Enormous Benefits To Improve Your Health.
On TV as well as in magazines everybody is telling you to eat an apple a day, even so, have you ever asked yourself why? This is a thing that many individuals live by and they also ensure their children are eating at least one apple a day. This concept is known all over the world and men and women just take it as fact without knowing if this is really true. In this article we are going to be taking a look at apples to see if they really are a food which will help to keep you healthy.
You might have always been told to be sure that you are eating your fruits and vegetables so you get your vitamins, but apples have been at the top of the list. The very first thing you should know is that apples possess more vitamins and minerals than various other fruits.. Apples have, manganese, phosphorus and calcium and all are generally beneficial to your health, but there will also be many more healthy minerals in apples. Needless to say vitamins are in addition essential for your health and wellbeing and you will find vitamin B1, niacin, vitamin B6 and many more that promote health.
In conclusion, I guess an apple a day definitely can keep the doctor away and now you recognize why. In this post we just discussed some of the benefits of eating an apple a day. All the benefits would take us too much time to include in this post, but the information is out there. I hope that the the very next time you go to the food store you end up getting plenty of apples. It can definitely help your overall health for short term and also for the long haul.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to red lentil curry (daal) recipe. To make red lentil curry (daal) you only need 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Red Lentil Curry (daal):
- Take 1 pot :
- Use 5 cup 5-6 cup of water in a pot
- Take 1 1⁄2 cup Red lentils (washed)
- Get 4 small 4-5 small curry leaves (food flavour and smell)
- You need 1 tsp Garlic paste
- Provide 1 tsp Ginger paste
- You need Spices
- Provide 1⁄2 tsp Chilli/ cayenne powder (for heat)
- You need 1 Whole chicken bouillon cube
- Provide 1 tsp All spice powder (garam masala)
- Use 1⁄2 tsp Cumin powder
- Prepare 1 Salt
- Get Separate pan
- Prepare 1 medium Onion
- Use 3 Curry leaves
- Use 1⁄2 tsp Cumin seeds
- Provide 3 tbsp Olive or canola oil
- Prepare 1 Chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves to garnish
Instructions to make Red Lentil Curry (daal):
- In a pot, boil water and add in the washed red lentils when water starts boiling along with the curry leaves.
- Cover halfway and cook at medium until lentils are tender and they turn yellow Estimated time would be from within 15-20 minutes
- Add the garlic and ginger (mix well)
- Add in the spices and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes
- On a separate pan: add in the olive oil/ or your choice of oil and wait till it warms up
- Add in the cumin seeds and the curry leaves and fry for 25 seconds
- Add in the sliced onions and fry until brown (not burnt)
- In the pot: add in the fried onions and mix well. Turn heat up high and stir occasionally (make sure nothing sticks) for 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes bring the heat back to low (3) and cook for another 5 minutes until the curry thickens
- Serve with basmati/white/brown rice or roti (flat bread)
- Garnish it with cilantro when on the plate
If you find this Red Lentil Curry (daal) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.