Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Pan Mee Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pan Mee Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pan Mee Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Very good For You.
Just about any article you read about bettering your health or weight loss is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. There’s some worth to this. Once in a while, though, you absolutely do not need to make a whole meal for your family or even just for yourself. Once in a while you just want to check out the drive through when you are on your way home and end the day. Why shouldn’t you be able to do this every now and then and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet program? This is because most well-known fast food restaurants around are trying to “healthy up” their selections. Here is how you can find appropriate food choices at the drive through.
Milk, juice and also water are the best choices for beverages. When you drink a huge soft drink you are introducing a whole bunch of empty calories to your day. Usually a single serving of soda pop is merely eight ounces big. That serving may contain numerous spoonfuls of sugar along with at least a hundred calories. Most fast food soft drink sizes start out at twenty ounces. Thirty ounces, however, is a lot more common. This implies that your drink on it’s own will put a multitude of ounces of sugar into your body as well as several thousand empty calories. Water, fruit juice and milk, however, are far better choices.
Logic states that that one of the best ways to stay healthy is to bypass the drive through and never eat fast food. While this is usually a good suggestion all you need to do is make a number of good selections and going to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Often the thing you need most is just to have another person do the cooking. When you select healthful menu items, you do not have to feel terrible about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to pan mee soup recipe. To make pan mee soup you only need 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Pan Mee Soup:
- Provide 500 g minced meat
- Provide 1⁄2 cup minced garlic
- Use 1⁄4 cup dried chilies, sliced or chopped (if using flakes, try to find some with less seeds and more chili pieces)
- Use 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- Provide 1⁄2 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms (preferably dried & soaked overnight. Reserve soaking liquid)
- Get 1⁄2 cup dried anchovies (I prefer to grind up the anchovies using a food processor. If not available, you can replace it with some fried bacon. Please adjust salt content accordingly)
- Use 2 cups pucuk manis (can be substituted with baby/round spinach)
- Get 2 anchovy/fish bouillon cubes
- Use 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Prepare To taste soy sauce
- Use To taste salt
- Use To taste white pepper
- Use To taste sugar
- Provide Optional: eggs/tofu
- Use Egg/rice noodles
Instructions to make Pan Mee Soup:
- Heat 2-3 tbsp of the oil in a soup pot. Stir fry 2 tbsp of garlic until fragrant then add the minced meat and 1⁄2 the anchovies. Sauté until cooked then add the mushrooms. Cook for 5-6 minutes until the meat is slightly browned. Season well with soy sauce and white pepper. You can add a few tablespoons of water/the soaking liquid from the mushrooms if it gets too dry. Remove all but 1⁄4 cup of the mixture and set aside.
- In the pot with the remaining 1⁄4 cup of the mixture, add the bouillon cubes & 6 cups of water (you can also use the mushroom soaking liquid & top up water to get 6 cups). Allow the water to come to a boil and add spinach / pucuk manis. Cook for a few minutes until the color changes to a darker green, then turn off the heat and season the soup.
- In a separate pan, heat the remaining oil. It’s ok if it seems like a lot. Once hot,sauté onions and remaining anchovies and garlic until browned and slightly crispy. Add chili and sauté for a few minutes. Be prepared for the chili to make you cough! Season with soy sauce/salt/white pepper and sugar, if desired.
- To serve SOUP VERSION: you can either boil all the noodles in a separate pot and eat all immediately or ladle some of the soup into a separate smaller pot and boil them in individual servings. Boil the noodles in the soup and add an egg/some tofu to poach in once the noodles are almost done. Ladle the minced meat/chili on top as desired
- To serve DRY version: boil the noodles separately and once cooked, immediately mix with the toppings - minced meat & chili. You can poach an egg and add it on top
If you find this Pan Mee Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.