Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are Several Simple Explanations Why Consuming Apples Is Good.
I am sure you have heard that you ought to be eating an apple a day but did you ever wonder why this is actually important? Many men and women have lived with this school of thought for many years, and they in addition pass this on to their children. This concept is known all over the world and men and women just take it as fact without knowing if this is in fact true. In our research we have discovered why you are told to eat an apple a day and we’ll be sharing that with you here.
You have always been told to be certain that you are eating your vegetables and fruits so you get your vitamins, but apples have always been at the top of the list. Well lets take a look at the vitamins and minerals which you can find in just one apple. Apples consist of, manganese, phosphorus and calcium and all tend to be beneficial to your health, but there will also be many more healthy minerals in apples. Needless to say vitamins are in addition extremely important for your overall health and you will find vitamin B1, niacin, vitamin B6 and many more that promote health.
And now you know why individuals tell you that you need to eat an apple every day. In this post we just dealt with a few of the benefits of eating an apple a day. Every one of the benefits would take us too much time to include in this post, nevertheless the information is out there. When you go shopping again, be sure to pick up some apples, their in the produce section. It can definitely help your health for short term and for the long haul.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. You can cook french onion soup using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook French Onion Soup:
- You need The Stock
- Prepare 4 lb lbs. cracked beef bones/soup bones w/o meat
- You need 2 onions, halved
- Use 2 scrubbed quartered carrots
- Provide 2 celery stalks
- Use bouquet garni:0.25 tsp. thyme, 1 bay leaf, 6 parsley sprigs, 2 unpeeled garlic cloves, 2 whole cloves
- Get 10 cups water
- You need For the Onions and Soup
- Use 1 1⁄2 lbs or about 5 cups of thinly sliced yellow onion
- Take 3 Tbsp Tbs butter+1 Tbs Oil
- Prepare 1 tsp salt
- You need 1 ⁄4 tsp sugar (helps the onions to brown)
- Use 3 Tbsp flour
- Take 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- Get The strained Stock
- You need to taste salt and pepper
- Provide 2 Tbsp tbs Cognac, brings the flavors together
- You need 4 rounds of hard-toasted french bread
- Provide Grated good Swiss Cheese to cover
- Take Cook and assemble
Instructions to make French Onion Soup:
- Heat oven to 450F. Arrange the meat, bones, onions, and carrots in a cast iron pan. Place in the middle portion of the oven and roast for 30-40 minutes, turning occasionally until nicely browned.
- Remove from the oven and drain fat out of roasting pan. Transfer into an 8 or 10 quart soup kettle. Pour a cup or two of the water to the pan, set over heat (or back in the still hot oven). Scrape up all the brown bits at the bottom. Pour all that into the kettle.
- Tie the Bousquet garni in a coffee filter or cheese cloth.
- Cover ingredients with 10 cups water. Bring to a simmer, skim and add the salt, celery and bouquet garni. Simmer the stock for 4 to 5 hours. Strain the stock out of the kettle into a bowl.
- ONIONS, COOKING AND FINAL ASSEMBLY
- Melt butter, add oil to a large pot. Add sugar and onions, cover and cook on low for 30 minutes.
- Raise heat and cook, stirring often on medium until golden, around 45 minutes
- Stir in flour, cook for a minute and add stock and wine. Partially cover and simmer gently for one hour.
- Add Cognac, ladle into oven proof soup bowls, add bread slice and cover with cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees until lightly brown.
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.