Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spring Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spring Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Good For You.
Almost every single article about reducing your weight and getting healthy tells readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague as well as to carry out all of their own cooking. This is literally very true. From time to time, though, the last thing you choose is to have to prepare a meal from scratch. Sometimes you just wish to hit the drive through along the way home and call it a day. There is simply no reason you shouldn’t be able to do this once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This may be possible because plenty of the popular fast food spots making the effort to make their menus better now. Here is the way to eat healthy when you reach the drive through.
Pick out a drive through with a restaurant which is known for catering to people with healthy palates. Arby’s for example, is void of burgers. Alternatively it is possible to select from roast beef sandwiches, salads, wraps and various healthier items. Wendy’s, although no stranger to the hamburger, also includes a lot of alternative meal choices: large salads, large baked potatoes and other tasty items fill its menu. Not all fast food locations are as unhealthy as McDonalds with its deep fried every thing.
Simple sense states that the best way to lose pounds and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet altogether. While this is usually a good idea all you need to do is make a few good selections and going to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Sometimes what you need most is just to have someone else do the cooking. If you choose healthy products, the remorse usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spring onion soup recipe. You can have spring onion soup using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Spring Onion Soup:
- Prepare 1⁄4 cup butter
- Prepare 1 TBS olive oil
- Take 1 medium vidalia onion sliced thin (1 cup)
- Use 1 Leek, sliced thin (1⁄2 cup)
- Take 1 bunch green onions, sliced thin (1⁄2 cup)
- Get 2 cups peas (fresh or frozen)
- Take 4 cups chicken broth
- Provide 4 cups water
- You need 2 cup small pasta (dry)
- Use 1 tsp salt
- Take 1 lemon, juiced (3 TBS)
- Get 1 cup torn Basil leaves
- Prepare 8 slices sourdough bread
- You need 3 oz Fontina cheese, shredded
Steps to make Spring Onion Soup:
- Preheat broiler. In a 4-quart Dutch oven heat butter and olive oil over medium-low heat until butter is melted. Add Vidalia onion slices; stir until coated. Cover; cook 15 minutes until translucent and soft, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in leek and green onions. Cook, covered, 10 minutes more or until leeks are softened.
- Stir in peas. Add chicken broth, water, pasta, and salt. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and basil leaves.
- Top slices of sourdough bread with fontina cheese. Arrange on a baking sheet. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top soup with bread slices. Serve with Lemon Sour Cream Topper.
If you find this Spring Onion Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.