Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Potato & Leek Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato & Leek Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Nutritious Fast Food.
Almost each and every “get healthy” and “weight loss” posting you read will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is literally very true. But at times the last thing you want to do is prepare a whole meal for yourself and your family. Sometimes you just would like to reach the drive through en route to your home and call it a day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be permitted to do this and not be tormented by remorse about slipping on your diet. This is because most popular fast food restaurants on the market are trying to “healthy up” their selections. Here is how you can find healthy food at the drive through.
Go for the side dishes. It wasn’t too long ago that French Fries were your sole side dish selection at a restaurant. Today the majority of the most popular fast food franchises have improved their products. There are many salads available these days. You can also select Chili. You may buy a baked potato. You could get fruit. There are a lot of options that don’t include eating anything deep fried. When you buy your dinner through a drive through window, choose side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. When you do this you can keep your fat content as well as your calorie counts low.
Standard logic tells us that one certain way to get healthy and shed pounds is to by pass the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While, in most cases, this is a good idea, if you make smart choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Every now and then, permitting someone else cook dinner is just what you require. When you want wholesome menu items, you do not have to feel terrible about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to potato & leek soup recipe. You can have potato & leek soup using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Potato & Leek Soup:
- Provide 4 Potatoes
- Take 2 Leeks
- Prepare 3 Mushrooms
- Prepare 1⁄2 Large Onion
- Provide 4 Cloves Garlic
- Provide 1 Celery Stalk
- Get 4 Slices Thick Cut Bacon
- Take 4 1⁄2 Cups Chicken Stock
- Prepare Black Pepper
- Take Seasoned Salt
- You need Creole Seasoning
- You need Parsley Flakes
- Provide Parmesan Cheese
- Get 4 Tbs Butter
- Provide Half & Half
Instructions to make Potato & Leek Soup:
- Get a pot of water boiling for the potatoes immediately. Bring to a boil while washing and prepping veggies. Slowly cook bacon while preforming afore mentioned tasks.
- Remove bacon and allow to drain. Place veggies into bacon fat and sauté. Season. After sweating vegetables, add in chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then a slow simmer.
- Remove potatoes and mash with butter and Half & Half. The amount of liquid will depend on the size of the potatoes. Feel it out. Season. Add mashed potatoes to soup and whisk in.
- After brought back to a simmer, add in Half & Half. Use enough to make it change color. Chop three slices of bacon and add to soup. (If you don’t have enough Chicken Stock, you can use some of the potato water, by the way).
- Plate. Finish with parsley flakes, a bit of grated Parmesan cheese and some of the remaining piece of bacon.
If you find this Potato & Leek Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.