Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are A Few Basic Explanations Why Eating Apples Is Good.
On TV and in magazines everyone is telling you to eat an apple a day, however, have you ever asked yourself why? This is a thing that many individuals live by and they also make sure their children are eating at least one apple a day. This thought is known all over the world and men and women just take it as fact without knowing if this is really true. In our research we have discovered why you are told to eat an apple a day and we’ll be discussing that with you here.
More than likely you know that produce will provide you with many of the vitamins you need to stay healthy, and apples are generally the item that most men and women have in their houses, but why? You will notice that the vitamins and minerals that you will find in apples can be very beneficial for your health.. With regards to the actual minerals that are generally in apples you will find, potassium, calcium and zinc just to mention a few. Obviously vitamins are in addition very important for your health and wellbeing and you will find vitamin B1, niacin, vitamin B6 and many more that promote well being.
To sum up, I guess an apple a day really can keep the doctor away and now you recognize why. The one thing you should realize is that we only mentioned some of the benefits of eating apples. You’ll be able to discover many more benefits with regard to your health when it comes to apples. I am hoping that the next time you go to the food store you wind up getting plenty of apples. It can definitely help your overall health for short term and also for the long haul.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetarian pho (vietnamese noodle soup) recipe. You can have vegetarian pho (vietnamese noodle soup) using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup):
- Prepare 3-4 cinnamon sticks, broken up
- Provide 1 star anise
- Prepare 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- Prepare 4-5 cloves
- Prepare 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- Prepare 2 inch piece ginger, finely chopped
- You need 1 large carrot, peeled and cubed
- Provide 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sliced shitake mushrooms (or button mushrooms)
- Use 2-3 green chilies/jalapenos slit (according to your taste)
- You need 8 cups water (or half vegetable broth and half water)
- Use 2 tsp soy sauce
- Use 1 cup rice noodles (or any other noodles your prefer)
- Take 2 tbsp oil
- Use to taste Salt
- Provide For garnishing or topping:
- Take as needed Mung bean sprouts
- Use 5-6 baby spinach leaves
- You need 1 Chopped green onions or scallions
- Get as needed Chopped coriander Leaves
- Use as needed Lemon or lime wedges
- Get to taste Hot chilli sauce (Sriracha or any chilli garlic sauce)
- Get as needed Chopped jalapenos
Steps to make Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup):
- In a large saucepan, dry roast coriander seeds, cloves, star anise and cinnamon sticks on medium heat until lightly toasted; do not char or burn.
- In another large deep pot, heat 2 to 3 tbsp of oil and once hot, stir in chopped onions and ginger. Char on medium high heat until lightly browned.
- Add the toasted spices, carrots and fry again for a few seconds.
- Stir in sliced shiitake mushrooms (or button mushrooms if using) and saute for a few seconds on high.
- Add water (or a mix of broth and water) and bring to a boil. Add soy sauce, green chilies, salt to taste, mix and simmer covered for about 30 minutes for all the flavors to blend.
- Meanwhile, prepare all the toppings or garnishes, along with cooking the noodles according to package directions. Keep aside. - After 30 minutes, strain the whole mixture using a strainer or colander and keep the broth hot and ready. Taste and add salt if needed. I have added the carrots back into the strained broth for texture and extra fiber!
- Divide the broth into large soup bowls, add toppings of your choice; noodles, spinach, green onions, cilantro, sprouts etc. and serve with a spoon and chopsticks! A squeeze of lime or lemon juice and heavenly vegetarian pho from the land of Vietnam is ready to be enjoyed in your own home! #Soup.
- If needed, you can stir in chilli sauce according to your taste for extra heat and spice; just a little in each bowl! This is totally optional. - Enjoy!!
- Other additional toppings are tofu or paneer (Indian cottage cheese), sprigs of fresh mint, etc. - Store extra broth in the refrigerator and enjoy fresh soup with toppings anytime. #Wintersoup.
If you find this Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.