Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Apples Can Certainly Have Huge Advantages For Your Health.
More than likely you’ve heard that you should be eating an apple a day but did you ever wonder why this is actually important? Many men and women have lived with this viewpoint for many years, and they also pass this on to their children. You will even find that folks in other country’s also follow this simple rule and they do not even know why. In the following paragraphs we are going to be looking at apples to see if they really are a food which will help to keep you healthy.
You’ve always been told to make certain that you are eating your vegetables and fruits so you get your vitamins, but apples have been at the top of the list. You will see that the vitamins and minerals that you will see in apples can be very beneficial for your health.. Apples consist of, manganese, phosphorus and calcium and all are generally beneficial to your health, but there also are many more healthy minerals in apples. And you’ll even find vitamins in your apples such as, vitamin A, B1, B2, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, B6, C, E, K and various other trace vitamins.
In conclusion, I guess an apple a day really can keep the doctor away and now you understand why. One thing you should understand is that we only mentioned a portion of the benefits of eating apples. It is possible to find many more benefits with regard to your health in relation to apples. When you go shopping again, be sure to purchase quite a few apples, their in the produce isle. These apples can certainly lead to helping you to live a longer and healthier life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. To make french onion soup you need 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make French Onion Soup:
- Use 4 Tbsp butter
- Prepare 4 Tbsp olive oil
- Use 7 cups sliced onions (about 7 medium onions)
- Provide 3 Tbsp flour
- Take 8 cups beef broth (I use 8 cups water and 8 packets beef bovril)
- Provide 1 clove garlic sliced
- Prepare 1 tsp sugar
- Use 1 cup dry white wine
- Use 1 stick French bread sliced into 1⁄2 or 3⁄4 inch thick pieces
- Provide Swiss gruyere or mozzarella cheese (thinly sliced or grated)
Instructions to make French Onion Soup:
- Melt butter in large sauce pan then add 2 Tbsp olive oil.
- Stir in onions, garlic and sugar.
- Cook uncovered over low to medium heat, stirring occasionally for 20 to 30 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
- Sprinkle flour over onions and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add beef stock and wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered for another 30 to 40 minutes.
- While the soup simmers, prepare the bread.
- Brush bread slices lightly with remaining olive oil on both sides and put on pan in 350 degree oven. Lightly toast each side (turn part way).
- Ladle soup into individual oven proof bowls and top with 2 or 3 slices of French bread followed by the cheese.
- Put oven proof bowls on a baking pan and bake in 350 degree for 10 to 20 minutes until cheese is melted.
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.